Apple Pay support

Apple Pay went live in Germany.

2 Likes

Thanks. Now that at least one of my German banks supports Apple Pay, 90% of my need for Revolut to support it has gone away. Itā€™s a shame that Revolut didnā€™t hook me into using its Apple Pay a year ago. Only around 10% of my expenditure is in Revolutā€™s 25 balance currencies, excluding currencies in which I now have Apple Pay cards.

2 Likes

Yeah, every quarter another country with a few banks! Maybe the chinese payment solutions arrive first here in :austria:.

1 Like

?! which one :roll_eyes::scream:

French Apple Pay website? Thereā€™s nothing there.

Revolut is still listed on the French Apple Pay web site as ā€œdisponible prochainementā€ (available soon).

1 Like

I am wondering if comdirect cards (:de:) will work for customers from :austria: . GPay obviously works and Iā€™ll plan to sign up because :R: stagnates.

It makes a mockery of the EUā€™s Single Market. Unlike Appleā€™s similar discrimination by country for iTunes customers, which is prohibited by Article 20 of Directive 2006/123/EC on services in the internal market, unfortunately Article 2(b) excludes financial services from scope. Iā€™m not aware of which EU legislation prohibits such discrimination by country of residence for financial services.

Apple Pay can be added to an iPhone in one of two ways:

• By scanning the physical card using the iPhoneā€™s camera
  • Using the iPhone app of the card issuer

Some card issuers, for example American Express US (since today), support both methods. But most card issuers support only one method or the other. For the imminent Apple Pay launch in Germany, I understand that German banks will require the app method for Maestro cards, because they donā€™t have a long card number across the middle of the physical card and the iPhone therefore canā€™t scan it.

Do we believe that Revolut will support the camera method or the app method? I hope itā€™s the app method, because then it might create a separate card in the app (similar to how a virtual card appears) with its own security settings. If an Apple Pay card shares its Revolut security settings with a physical card, it would be very annoying to turn off contactless for oneā€™s physical card if that also means disabling Apple Pay.

1 Like

In other banks, for example, N26 when I disable/freeze the card Apple Pay becoming also inactive (but the contactless option should not be the case as it is related only to the physical contactless not Apple Pay NFC) but it depends how is implemented in the app, maybe you can ask how is in GPay app users as probably it will be the same in iOS.

1 Like

Everything is relative guys. The Universe has waited 13billion years to have Revolut account, so it can still wait Ā« a little bit Ā» for Apple Pay :wink:

Just saw that Revolut is listed on the german Apple Pay Website, where Apple Pay is launching soonā€¦

1 Like

Apple Pay available in Germany.

@afisch - this is for in-app payments, i.e. adding to your balance. It says ā€œNutze Apple Pay in diesen Appsā€. It doesnā€™t mean adding your Revolut card to Apple Pay.

3 Likes

Apple pay is coming really soon! :smiley: Not ā€œSOONā€ but SOON! You need to believe meā€¦ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As soon as posible, nothing can stay in itā€™s way !

2 Likes

I sure hope so.

twentytwenty

Yes, recognized that laterā€¦

Just in from the live chat; ā€œApple Pay does not support our cardsā€

Apple Pay isnā€™t coming this year, end of. Save the disappointment.

And when it does, itā€™ll only be launched in countries that already support Apple Pay. If your country doesnā€™t have any Apple Pay support, youā€™re not getting it through Revolut.