Apple Pay support

This is explicitly for hotel doors etc, only , not for ApplePay, they are not going to open up the paying section of NFC.

2 Likes

Of course, as they are collecting fees with Apple Pay bank partners :slight_smile:, opening that part will never happen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guys, do you think we will get Apple Pay support during Apple EVENT on 12th September (this date is not officially confirmed yet)?
I thought the same last year but it’s different now as we can see Revolut’s logo on apple.fr… :sweat_smile:

I have 10% hopes :rofl:

1 Like

Guys, what we know is that Apple Pay is just around the corner. What we don’t know is if the corner exists, and if yes, at what distance in time is it located. Soon, very soon.

3 Likes

Starling Card works excellently why can’t Revolut

Well, one difference would be that Starling is limited to the UK where Apple Pay is available while Revolut is available in all EEA countries. And Apple Pay is not available in the majority of these countries. Also, Starling issues only one card brand. Revolut used three different card issuers over time and issues both MasterCard and Visa. So besides setting priorities in management, implementation is more complex.

I’d say good news. But is for the a new ordered premium card. Different BIN.

With the other cards it says “your issuer is not supported yet”.

So yeah. It’s around the corner

1 Like

Yesterday an Ukrainian bank launched Apple Pay. Launching support for Apple Pay has nothing to do with a new version of iOS or an Apple event.

1 Like

That’s not necessarily true. Apple could have indeed an agreement with a card issuer that they are going to announce a partnership first during an Apple event. It happened before, with N26 for example if I remember this correctly.

1 Like

With my non-contactless MasterCard starting 5391 23 and issued in 2015, I get “Your Issuer Does Not Yet Offer Support for This Card”.

That’s for all cards till now. Even my premium cards issued early this year.
Now new BINs shows the message I posted above.

Not only Starling, also Monzo and n26

(PS nevertheless I had 2 rejection in POS in Bulgaria with Apple Pay Monzo with strange errors like invalid card number :crazy_face:)

I would use my card many times a day if it was on Apple Pay - Revolut is missing a great deal of transactions which I guess is revenue - you always wonder when they say something like this is around the corner- clearly know technological reason to delay - strategically are they trying to steer people away from Apple Pay - I would bet Apple Pay over Revolut any day and even see a future where Apple Pay don’t need visa - MasterCard so I would make that corner pretty soon or a Revolut begins to look like any other high street bank - in not delivering what customers want…

1 Like

Revolut is already announced on the French Apple Pay website.

What BIN do you have? I have METAL with new BIN 527346 and I’m getting that old message. Not like you.

Seems very new. Most databases finds it as Italian. But one as revolut UK.

1 Like

My is also 527346. Which country is it?

France.

Btw. Try to set up the phone region to France and check

That must be completely new. Even that METAL BIN (527346) is new but it still says “your issuer is not supported yet”