Apple Pay support

My hopes are boosted on max, holding my breath:

If it’s really really soon then that would be awesome.

Revolut redefines the SOON

2 Likes

I no longer know the meaning of soon. :joy:

1 Like

Remember the movie Interstellar? Maybe :r: team is working on another planet and there one day is one month Earth time :joy:

5 Likes

I think I just heard a book drop off my book shelf. Something is happening. soon

1 Like

What do you mean @Manaburner, please share what was written in the book that we do not know yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

if someone can translate it you are free to do so.

Oh god…SOON => next year, is happening again, I think my hand just pushed the button ordering n26 card…

2 Likes

It’s not written in a way that inspires confidence in and accuracy by the author, in particular “at the money” and “at the express delivery n of the year”. The author is no doubt as lazy with the accuracy of his facts as he is with the accuracy of his words. I prefer the credibility of the tweet above.

4 Likes

There’s definitely something interesting ! But I guess it has more chances to be the Metal offer than the Apple Pay launch.

Link : https://twitter.com/revolutapp/status/1031148815024308224?s=21

My guess is that it’ll be something related to this https://blog.revolut.com/are-you-ready-to-disrupt-the-stock-market-we-are/, not Apple Pay, unfortunately :frowning:

I don’t think we will see Revolut Apple Pay before iOS 12. It’s just a feeling of mine…

What is the difference with Apple pay regarding ios12? The support of maestro and other GERMAN debit cards. So what does have revolut to do with that?

Technically nothing, but Apple likes to brag, and having a Customer like Revolut with 2.5million customers, they might want to do some of their own PR. But that is just speculation.

1 Like

@zegorax, you’re right. I’ve just received an e-mail confirming that it’s the launch of Revolut Metal. I would prefer to have a Revolut card on my iPhone than another physical card. I think they have their priorities wrong.

1 Like

Metal is more profitable for Revolut than Apple Pay I’m afraid.

1 Like

That rumour may be related to this https://nfc.today/news/iphone-nfc-to-open-in-ios-12. But Who knows. Maybe it will be just for hotel doors etc…

This might be a stupid question.
I’ve got my region settings as France in my iPhone. When I try to add my Revolut mastercard it gives me a list of available banks in France. But when I try to add my revolut visa, I get the same negative answer, but the difference is that Apple Pay recognize the Visa card as a UK card an donly show available banks in UK. Does this mean that Apple Pay will be available only for mastercard?

Apple Pay is not yet availabe for Revolut cards. Neither in France nor elsewhere. I would not make any assumptions about the final implementation right now. For Google Pay, right now only selected mastercards work, but Revolut said that Visa will be implemented eventually. Please be aware that Google Pay implementation is also just beta and not officially announced yet.