Apple Pay support

I couldn’t even get Apple Pay to work properly on Uber in Paris in December 2017. Although the Uber app allowed me to request a trip via Apple Pay and everything went fine on the trip, the next day Uber notified me that they had trouble processing the payment and charged a totally different card registered on my Uber account, which caused me all kinds of issues. Then Uber told me that they don’t accept Apple Pay in France, despite the app having allowed me to request a trip using it. Uber are very poor when it comes to Apple Pay in my experience, this one being the worst.

Interesting - in Belgium when I tried to request a trip using Apple Pay I got a message (popup on screen, iOS message) saying ‘Apple Pay is not currently supported in this territory’ - or something similar. So I couldn’t even request the trip with it

Just got a reply from Revolut on Twitter about why they announced the support of Apple Pay for France only. That’s what they said:

We will be rolling out the feature gradually to all of our users.

Gradually can be over next 5 years and Germany few more years.

1 Like

I had to try it on my old sony. Yeah it worked. Sucks being on iPhone :expressionless::-1:t2:

1 Like

I wish we’d the option to use Apple Pay with Revolut, but let’s be happy for the Android users. It’s not often they get something first.

1 Like

Doesn’t help me in any way.

If that’s the big announcement of the announcement then i’m really done.

Given that Google Pay was given to all users at once, I wonder how Revolut will determine the order in which users receive the roll-out for Apple Pay. For example, could it be by country or base currency?

After all, Revolut brought google pay to all customers with mastercards without announce it. Pretty strange!

1 Like

Sorry, but that doesn’t mean anything. They can add safeguards so that people only in select countries will be able to add it to wallet. For example you can’t ad Nordea card to wallet without verification through app and Revolut app can deny you adding the card based on your address and country on file at Revolut, even gps location.

Thanks a lot :wink:
Now, I’m waiting!

Hi @NFH, do American Express International Currency Cards support Apple Pay? I know that the regular AMEX cards from UK support it but I am not sure about the ICC cards which are managed again by AMEX UK.

No, they don’t. Everything is years behind GBP cards, including the web site, despite being issued in the UK.

1 Like

Yes… Gradually means no no for customers of countries where Apple Pay is not introduced yet… :frowning:

6 Likes

Thanks @NFH! That’s disappointing from AMEX.

Haters gonna hate :slight_smile:

I think you’ve got a dictionary from a wrong universe.

It is strange, because in case of Google Pay it does work in Uber- I mean in-app payment.