Apple Pay support

Woo hoo Google pay…

1 Like

Here, in Hungary, we use HUF, not Euro, unfortunately, so there’s a surcharge for using it, and that surcharge is not there for N26. :slight_smile:

French Apple website advertises Revolut as coming soon to Apple Pay :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

2 Likes

Is this an edited picture or only showing for French customers?

Facebook account is localized. I can see only Romanian posts…

But this means Apple Pay is coming only in France :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Unfortunately yes, rolling out first there it seems, but we could still get it elsewhere( with time of course…or a French address :joy:)

1 Like

How can they localize Apple Pay? The service is not linked to an andress.

it will be very easy, you can change the region of your iPhone to FRANCE and I think you will be able to use it, I did the same thing for BOON in Italy.

1 Like

Your card is linked to your address, no matter of BIN.

There are two types of check for localisation:
BIN
AVS (your registered address).

N26 is giving Apple Pay only to some countries.

1 Like

I have at home a GDPR request from a company where I used Revolut. I’ll show you next days :stuck_out_tongue:
It contains my ID address from my card, not my temporary address from the 1 year ID

That’s strange. I have a UK issued HSBC debit card that is registered to a non UK address and I successfully added it to the UK Apple Pay wallet.

1 Like

I don’t think AVS is active for prepay cards, only on certain credit cards I’ve seen it. And the majority of Revolut cards have a UK BIN, so I don’t think they can limit Apple Pay to a single Apple Pay country and restrict UK region iPhone holders for example.

How can they restrict to UK Region if the announcement of the launch has been made on the french facebook profile for french customers? :wink:

@markthehipster, how did you draw that conclusion? As I wrote above yesterday, if you look at Apple’s other country-specific marketing pages for Apple Pay, they don’t list any card issuers at all. They seem to do this only in France. For other countries, they list all current card issuers (without any planned ones) at Apple Pay participating banks in Africa, Europe and the Middle East – Apple Support (UK)

As you can see @NFH , I didn’t draw any conclusion, I was agreeing with you.

What I was trying to point out is that there was no facebook post for any other country other than France, nor any announcement elsewhere.

1 Like

In Spain they also announce planned card issuers in advance. Yesterday they updated the Spanish website because the last two banks that had planned to release support for Apple Pay did it, so right now it just shows the banks that support it.

Ref.: https://www.apple.com/es/apple-pay/

1 Like

This is important advice (and off-topic): Do not move all your money to Revolut. You are taking a huge risk. If your account gets locked at any random point, you’ll have no access to your money and customer service here roughly takes 7 days for them to answer and get your account unlocked.

I’ll say this again: If your account gets locked at any point, you have NO access to your money. You can’t withdraw, send or use any of your cards.

I know it’s your money, and if you still have full trust in Revolut, then go ahead.

Good advice. I would never move all my EUR to Revolut, and there would be no point in doing so. I would forego interest for a start. As I live in the UK, I would move only as much EUR as I expect to spend contactlessly in each trip to the Eurozone.

Hello,

A question surely stupid but can a French user use Apple Pay in a country where the service is not proposed? (Belgium, etc.)