Apple Pay support

Thanks :wink: We are losing the race hereā€¦East countries are so innovative and in front of the old West countriesā€¦

Now when I bought Android phone I use Google Pay almost every time. (Czech republic)
I haven`t used my card since then.

1 Like

I always use Apple Pay too with N26. Unless the merchant doesnā€™t accept it. It makes payments easier.
Revolut app is much better, itā€™s not just a Bank and I canā€™t wait to have Apple pay on it. I would use revolut as my main bank.

El El dom, 15 jul 2018 a las 23:06, luplcz revolut@discoursemail.com escribiĆ³:

1 Like

I actually use Apple Pay for a long time, for personal reasons I could use it from start with an US card; but back home it wasnā€™t that interesting due to the FX rates (US$ card) until boon came out with an EUR account, and for over a year now I use a KBC.ie account for my daily payment shit and use it exclusively with Apple Pay, I donā€™t think I used the physical card at all yet :wink:

Except the usual discussions with some merchants about contactless payments in general, some positive, most negative - it works flawlessly.

I do use cards too though for different things in different situations, just what suits best.

But yes, Iā€™m basically using Apple Pay more or less daily for paying for some food stuff or whatnot. The only thing that sounded better than is practical is Apple Pay with the Apple Watch - in 95% of all cases the POS terminal is not reachable comfortably with the watch, so I use the phone instead which is not what I was expecting but well, minor inconvenience.

(I also use Android-based HCE Apps and Google Pay sometimes, but the experience is usually much worse due to handling issues on Android platforms, but thatā€™s a personal experience, milage may vary)

I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever use Revolut with Apple Pay when I have a Barclaycard Rewards card (not to mention I have like 3 other options)ā€¦but could be useful while Iā€™m abroad in VISA only areas.

I have used Apple pay for my Russian bank account and use a lot when I come to Russia for business deals.
Using your watch or phone almost everywhere (include bus and underground) it is great. I actually do not have a physical Russian card and I use this bank account only with Apple Pay or online banking.

2 Likes

Especially if you have an Apple Watch itā€™s a no brainer. Itā€™s extremely convenient. Plus, you can leave the phone and the wallet at home.

2 Likes

Almost for everything I use either my iPhone or Apple Watch and definitely faster than looking for cards in the wallet.

1 Like

There are rumors that Mastercard can be enrolled into Google Pay :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Although not confirmed by Revolut, on the Android thread there are pretty convincing evidence from several users who did and one who actually made a transaction.

Tried it out myself on a spare Android phone. The Visa cards are not yet accepted, but MasterCard worked flawlessly! Canā€™t wait to test it out in store tomorrow :star_struck:

4 Likes

Tried both visa and MC. Iā€™m going to cry :sob:

5 Likes

I hope itā€™s not a f***ing dream! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

What is the country of your residence? I thing it has to do with thatā€¦

Nope, ApplePay is simply not supported yet.

1 Like

I tried using Google pay. It worked using a Samsung, but the transaction failed on my Sony.

Just want to confirm: I was able to setup Mastercard on my Google Pay (Samsung S9+) but not my Visa card.

My residence is Portugal.

Just Mastercard. Visa not working yet. Apple pay is also not working.

My location: Czech republic

Apple Pay will be available soon ! Revolut is now listed in the ā€œComing soonā€ section of Apple Payā€™s website.

10 Likes

I have no need to use my Revolut card for EUR purchases, as I have two German banks accounts with debit cards and a EUR-denominated American Express Basic card (which unfortunately doesnā€™t earn Membership Rewards as thereā€™s no annual fee).

Apple Pay is not supported in Germany, and probably wonā€™t be for a long time as Germans prefer to pay by cash, and American Express International Currency Cards (managed in the UK) are very late to the party with Apple Pay.

Once Revolut starts supporting Apple Pay, then I will move money from my German bank accounts to Revolut and spend with Revolut via Apple Pay. So Revolut will earn revenue from merchants without even doing any FX for me. It is far more convenient to use my Apple Watch or iPhone to pay than it is to take my wallet out of my pocket, take the relevant card out of my wallet, pay, put the card back into my wallet and put my wallet back into my pocket. And thereā€™s no transaction limit on Apple Pay, so itā€™s much faster than a physical card (with chip & PIN) for larger purchases.

3 Likes