Apple Pay support

Great but I did it in N26 without luck.
I think its not an instant job, I mean the revolut must upload the new details to apple. And of course when a card supports apple pay through the bank application you get the badge ‘‘add to wallet’’ and the card goes to wallet instantly without any manual processing.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zf.ro%2Fbusiness-hi-tech%2Feste-oficial-google-pay-si-android-pay-vin-in-romania-chad-west-revolut-in-urmatoarele-trei-saptamani-toti-utilizatorii-din-europa-isi-vor-putea-folosi-smartphone-urile-pe-post-de-card-17255830

Google translate from an interview of Chad a few days ago in Romania.
"We’re still working for Apple Pay because it’s a bit more difficult. We need to make sure that users are okay with this and that the business is good for us. We want to cover all segments. "

Don’t know what users should be okay with. Extra costs for users of Apple Pay in order to cover Apple’s charges?..

1 Like

So we are F’d :frowning:
I mean, using Transferwise to send money to my Revolut which I’m then sending over to N26 for ApplePay, then paying in EUR which is converted to HUF…
If I could only top-up using my debit card in HUF… but no, and can’t even ApplePay, till it’s figured out by them.
Dissapointing… really dissapointing. :sleepy: :sob:

And a new feedback on Twitter…

Well we are doomed now then. I’m beginning to lose hope for Apple Pay…

2 Likes

Well, if it continues like that I’m switching to Android soon…
My main Czech bank support Google Pay now.

Isnt it cheaper if you just switch to n26? hah

Unfortunately I can’t open N26 account with Czech address.
I’m using Boon now but I don’t like their fees for non-EUR transactions.

Hey guys, unfortunately, it will be Google Pay. I guess Apple Pay won’t be here before a long time.

Here’s an answer from the support today.

1 Like

This a good new :slight_smile:

I don’t think that solves the tweet…
The support said “It is fully supported…” It’s wrong… it’s not supported… If they said “I would be supported…” that’s a different thing.

My thoughts on this are:
Google Pay: Probably not
Apple Pay: Probably yes, but just in supported countries… (which doesn’t solve the problem for a lot of costumers)
NFC payments: Probably not.

What I wanted: NFC payment (for me, personally) and Apple/Google Pay for all the other costumers :smiley:

6 Likes

At the same time look at this tweet. Revolut is a freaking mystery…

1 Like

Ok, we still have hope. But shoudn’t we see T&C’s when trying to add a Revolut card to Apple Pay if the launch is near?

1 Like

No, as they will be announcing the date of the announcement on July 1st. Announception

Yep that Tweet is definitely leveling the hope in me to a higher level ! I hope it will be Apple Pay :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are playing with our bloodpressure…
btw hope you’re “silently” laughing at us @anon33247966 ,with the rest of the Revolut team :smile:

6 Likes

He liked the comment :smile:

On several occasions, Revolut staff said Android Pay will be introduced earlier than Apple Pay on the platform.

Plans change all the time, sure, but I expect that’s how it is going to be.

Any comment from the Revolut staff on this? Looks like Google pay should be available within a month for whole Europe.

http://www.zf.ro/business-hi-tech/este-oficial-google-pay-si-android-pay-vin-in-romania-chad-west-revolut-in-urmatoarele-trei-saptamani-toti-utilizatorii-din-europa-isi-vor-putea-folosi-smartphone-urile-pe-post-de-card-17255830

1 Like

They talked about Apple Pay in France on the #revrally few months ago (time 34:00)

Maybe this announcement is going to be something difference.

1 Like