Apple Pay support

This is exactly which I refrain from doing such a trick, although I would absolutey love to use Apple Pay in Germany.
But especially when money is concerned, I like to stay on the safe side. :sweat_smile:

I am curious while I’m living in a EU state and after all I have to make tricks and hacks to use apple pay which supported in a different EU state but not in the whole Europe. The ‘‘problem’’ of not accepting different country address its also stupid while we all are under EU umbrella after all.

If a European bank accept your address to create you a bank account, why the apple pay does not accept that exact same address, as your billing address?! Bureaucracy my friends, bureaucracy!

1 Like

Hey, but in that scenario boon accepts your home address, you don’t have to input fake address (and even can’t, due to ID verification).
“Other” adress is mandatory only in Apple ID, because app developer restricted the app itself to specific country.
There’re also other solutions, like Monzo which allows your foreign address and app is available in all EU countries with one catch - first card must be delivered within UK - so you’ll need family or friend to forward you the card (they ship replacement cards worldwide).

But ye, United States of Europe which would launch such services everywhere simultaneously like directive would be nice

Ohh, don’t mention United States of Europe. Everytime you say that a Brexiteer will have a panic attack. Treat what I said as a joke.

2 Likes

But hey, then there would be no brexit by UK or any other country, because we’d be one, true union, or… ekhm United Kingdom :joy::man_shrugging:
Ofc it won’t happen because populist would whine about independence and sovereignty, but it’s interesting thing to think about

1 Like

Yes, this is what I did when I first added my US Amex card to Apple Pay before it was launched for UK-issued cards. I changed my region to the US, which caused the Apple Pay functionality to appear, added the card, and then changed the region back to the UK.

4 Likes

does anyone know if it’s a crime to state that I’m living in the UK so that we can have Apple Pay/Google Pay with a fake address?

I mean, I’m already in possession of a UK card (Revolut).

It does not work regardless of country.

Yes, but it will work soon. My question is if faking my billing address some sort of fraud crime.

Of course it’s not :man_shrugging:

but it will work soon

soon

As soon as in “coming on the next weeks” or “it’s a matter of months rather than a year”? :slight_smile:

Do you know more than us when you say “soon”?

Guys, N26 support apple pay in Ireland from 28.05 with is great, wish to see Revolut with apple pay support ASAP.

One can dream :wink:

twenty

Apple pay is absolutely game changer. I think that who will be first with this feature (for all EU), a lot of people will use them.

4 Likes

It looks like Google Pay will launch in Germany at the end of this month.
So I’d be really nice to see Revolut supporting it from the start.

in this very moment:

1 Like

Probably google pay.

2 Likes

Now all we need to know is the following:

• Apple pay
  • Google Pay
  • Both!
3 Likes

It can be anything, Google Pay, metal card, crypto related stuff… Just do not expect being it AP…

1 Like