Apple Pay support

I believe this is it:

Yeah but, “France first” may throw a spanner in the works for this “huge” thing.

Could also be Platinum…

In the other thread @anon33247966 has written that next thing will be Google Pay, but he hasn’t gave us any timeframe… So that’s why I hope this is it :grin:

I said hopefully it will be Google Pay!

2 Likes

Andreas, twisting your words now, “hopefuly it will be Google Pay” could actually mean that Apple Pay could be first…and soon? Like in a couple of months? :grin::grin:

2 Likes

To be quite frank, Revolut have been telling me that Apple Pay for payments is “coming soon” for at least a year and a half. Their definition of “soon” is, um, slightly misleading, I’d say.

4 Likes

If I’m right, to activate Apple Pay you also have to live in a country that supports Apple Pay. Right?

So, if I’m living in Germany and Revolut activate Apple Pay, I will not be able to use it.
It’s the same with N26, no Apple Pay in Germany. But its supported in several European countries.

1 Like

Well… It’s hard to say. I’m able to use Boon by Wirecard with my Czech ID. And Apple Pay is not officially supported in Czechia right now. Even though we have nearly 100% of terminals contactless… :confused:

1 Like

It doesn’t really matter where you’re located as long as you’ve got a card that works with Apple Pay :green_apple: :credit_card: :wink:

1 Like

Except for unsupported workarounds (like changing one’s country settings), you are correct.

1 Like

I’m using N26 located in Germany and I can’t activate it. I tried even to change my country and my apple id country to a supported Apple Pay country with no luck.

From customer support they told my that apple pay its geo restricted

From what I understand, N26 issues different cards for each country, so the ones issued for Germany aren’t going to be enabled to work with Apple Pay

2 Likes

Why are you calling changing region settings as an unsupported workaround? It’s a feature, not a workaround - if you live in country where AP is unsupported, but you obtain a card issued by institution that supports Apple Pay, you must change region to match the country of card issuer or any other country that officially supports AP.
“Hiding” wallet and Apple Pay setting is not to prevent users that legally obtained a valid Apple Pay enabled card from adding it, rather not to confuse “regular dudes”

1 Like

You are right, but there are a lot of people having cards from all around Europe, even from different continent. It’s kinda awful, choosing only one region to be able to use Apple Pay.

As far as I remember you only have to change the country/region once, initially, in settings to activate Wallet and add a card to Apple Pay.

Once installed you can reset the country to wherever and Wallet continues to function, as does Apple Pay.

2 Likes

Yes, but during this process, Apple is contacting the card provider and if he is not part of Apple Pay yet, you’re SOL

I managed to setup boon. from the Irish App Store and I’m since happily using Apple Pay in Germany.

Yes of course. The card must be approved for Apple Pay, come what may.

I don’t understand that either. It’s neither hack nor workaround.

I can kind of understand this “feeling of illegality”. When you create an Apple ID for a different country, you have to enter an address. So you’re stating that you are living in that foreign country (let’s say Ireland), which is simply not true.
Even if “illegal” might not be the right term for that, it’s at least understandable if he feels that way.

This is exactly which I refrain from doing such a trick, although I would absolutey love to use Apple Pay in Germany.
But especially when money is concerned, I like to stay on the safe side. :sweat_smile: