Apple Pay support

No one should go on holiday abroad with just one card. Two debit cards with different banks (preferably 1 Mastercard + 1 Visa) and 1 credit card with sufficient balance to fly you home from anywhere in the world you are is just the norm for my friends.

4 Likes

Relying on only one card never was and probably wonā€™t be good advice anytime soon.

2 Likes

Unfortunately itā€™s trueā€¦

Back on topic, updates from Revolut Twitter.

2 Likes

We should probably forget about Apple Pay and use Boon. or other available options.

I have read all the messages in this thread and it seems Revolut is just moving the goalpost. It was basically promised last summer and of course nothing happened.

At this point in time I donā€™t believe that it is technical or paperwork issue.

Too much time has passed.

As mentioned recently by them, they are on the final stages to finish everything.

Itā€™s not something easy to implement, specially when itā€™s related to Apple. You have to follow a lot of rules and guidelines to be approved. Even for app reviews on the App Store.

Also, have in mind that Revolut didnā€™t just work on Apple Pay all that time, theyā€™ve been working on a bunch of other projects that are equal or more important than supporting Apple Pay.

I also want to be able to use Apple Pay with Revolut, but we will have to wait until they can finally release it. Hopefully sooner than later.

3 Likes

No other fintech bank comes close to matching :R: in terms of features (Both in terms of breadth of currencies and currency wallets offered, and the other auxiliary features like Revolut Insurance, cryptocurrencies support and the upcoming Revolut Wealth.).

4 Likes

I will take a stable service with fewer features any day of the week and twice on sunday.

Why do you think Revolut isnā€™t an stable service? Anyway, you are free to move to any other service when you want if you donā€™t like the current one.

1 Like

Iā€™m also free to complain if i have issues. I think. Support hasnā€™t responded since yesterday to my requests. Features are useless if issues users are having cannot be resolved in a timely fashion.

1 Like

Of course you are free to complain if you have issues. This said, if the issues are with support not responding I would suggest to create a new topic about it instead of posting it here where probably it will not get the deserved attention.

I think I can spend the time for other things. Judging based on things iā€™ve read in the feedback it is only getting worse over time.

This ā€œfinal stageā€, so called negotiation stage can take months and months, until both parties are satisfied with the terms, fees etc. I wouldnā€™t even consider it as final, it just means that apple is potentially interested in launching itā€™s service with specific institution. On the other hand tho, if N26 was able to quickly launch it, Rev shouldnā€™t have many issues. I still do not consider lack of service in many EU countries as a problem, as this is more related to banks in these countries than Apple willingess. (for example in Poland, main Payment processor, related with top polish banks wants to itā€™s own payment method, only available in Poland to be opted-in into Appleā€™s eco-system (App Store, potentially Apple Pay cash top-ups), which, TBH is impossible. Apple is considered by them as competitor, and they donā€™t wish to give away monopoly they currently have).

If you live in eurozone it may be an option to consider. Otherwise - commission for out-of-border payments + double currency exchange makes it suitable for some small payments and occasional use, not main payment method. Also, Boon declines payments in certain locations, like in petrol stations and above certain threshold when used ā€œabroadā€. meh.

3 Likes

N26 and apple pay is only available for specific countries in eu like Spain, France and Italy. I guess revolut will want to support all of their supported countries when announcing it.

Itā€™s difficult to predict such a thing. :thinking: We can use the Russian Yandex.Money (owned by SberBank) as an example - it supports Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay officially only in Russia, but you can still open a wallet and get a virtual card in many other countries: Kazakhstan, Belarus, Moldova, Turkeyā€¦ Itā€™s a bit harder to get your account verified so you can start spending though (you need to send over a physical notarized copy of your ID), but still possible nonetheless.

1 Like

Well, time flies and all we hear is silence or empty promises. Revolut doesnā€™t work at the unmanned gas stations or aeroplanes either.

Key word being AVAILABLE.

I guess that if your Apple account is not a Russian one, then it will not allow you to add a Russian card to it for Apple Pay usage.

Which airlines have you tried?

Unmanned gas stations often does not have online connectivity which is required for a prepaid card to work.

If it is set up like Boon, an Apple ID associated with the phone (and its owner) does not have to be set to a country where Apple Pay is available. In case of Boon, a ā€œfakeā€ iTunes account is just needed to access the French App Store for example. There is no need to change the phoneā€™s country settings and the userā€™s primary Apple ID.

Nope, actually Iā€™ve been able to add it even though my Apple ID is Romanian and my region is set to the US. I also didnā€™t have to log in with a fake Apple ID to download it since, as I said, the service is available in many other countries.

1 Like