Apple Pay support

The latter… You can take it for granted :frowning:

Well. I don’t think will be the case.

Revolut has to implement this for their cards. All cards (or most of them) has BIN issued in UK.

Apple will accept Revolut. And cards issued in UK.

Of course. For this to happen means all clients to change their phone location/ account to UK. Which can be a good thing (access to more content) or not (higher prices for some services offered by 3rd parties)

Apple Pay will first be available to premium users. On Twitter they’ll say it’ll be unlocked for everyone 2 weeks later. Obviously they won’t unlock it and not mention it again (same as they did with crypto)

3 Likes

Lmao :rofl:

Good I’m premium user :joy:

For me is very good as I’m traveling and usually cards get lost/ skimmed / blocked in ATMs/ Chip defective.
So… free delivery :package: :credit_card:

I’m waiting for ApplePay but more for online things or Hong Kong/ China/ Japan.
In SE Asia where I’m currently they barely heard about card payment… :man_facepalming:

If you look at how N26 has done it, they limit access to Apple Pay to customers that have verified their address of residency in an Apple Pay country like France. As far as I know, all cards are German issued cards, but countries are divided by different number subsets. So French N26 customer actually add cards with a German BIN. That’s how I understood it when I was looking into it a couple of months ago.

Changing the phone’s location setting does not do the trick, neither does downloading a different “version” of the app via setting up a foreign Apple ID account with a fake address like it works with Boon. :frowning:

1 Like

Just a heads up. JUST tried to add my Monzo to Apple Pay; didn’t work - they haven’t implemented Apple Pay yet either.

My money is on Revolut doing it faster.

1 Like

I’m calling this bet too! :laughing: :r:

1 Like

Except Monzo has done Android Pay and Revolut still hasn’t…

I don’t know now but I remember 3-4 years ago I was able to use Wallet for NFC payments in android with a Romanian card :thinking:
Did anything changed?

Yes, it got split into Android pay (for mobile payments) and Google Wallet (for sending and receiving money). But now the two services are getting fused again into one app, Google Pay, which is currently available in less countries than Apple Pay

#RomanianMasterrace

Funny thing is a Romanian told me about :r:

1 Like

I suppose it could happen in March as this is the month they’ll finally ditch their old card issuer.

2 Likes

So now it seems they have a couple of issues :slight_smile: so it’s delayed…

1 Like

Are you freaking kidding me :sob:

Skickat från min iPhone

maybe we should call it a day and forget about this :slight_smile:

AFAIK at least Apple Pay (I hope Android Pay too, but it wasn’t mentioned) is going to be rather “in weeks” than “in months”. Additionally they promised to say more “soon”…

In a month or two there will be a 1-year anniversary of their statement that Apple Pay is coming “in a months rather than year”:lying_face:, also like in December if I remember correctly they’ve put us on notice that an announcement is finally about to be made… :shushing_face: meh. So tiresome :disappointed::unamused:

1 Like

Patience is key :pray: we have to keep in mind that Apple has a lot of norms and, as Revolut explained, implementing Apple Pay is a lengthy traditional process

1 Like

we have to keep in mind that Apple has a lot of norms

…Which were successfully overcome by lots of banks all over the world. And yet for some banks couldn’t do it even in one year period of time (or more).

1 Like

In fact it’s all about trust.
Trust in them respecting their statements
Trust in them being able to set and keep a timing/plan.
Trust in them being professional.

They are supposed to take care of our money…

I am using revolut but only as a novelty.
To be honest, for example, I don’t have the courage to keep a lot of money in their accounts.
Or I do not have the guts to go on a vacation with only Revolut card. Still taking my ING Visa EUR Card…

Still to many amateur moves.
Hopefully they will grow learning from their mistakes.

1 Like