Apple Pay support

1 Like

I asked them on Twitter if they’re a Mastercard Principal Member now and they said they are :slight_smile: Don’t you guys think that Apple Pay is closer than ever? Maybe the next bank expansion in less than two weeks? I know it’s wishful thinking - I wanted to ask anyway. :wink:

4 Likes

Do you have a link to the tweets?

2 Likes
7 Likes

I just wish we could get just a bit more clarification on where Revolut are in the process. I hate checking this page regularly to still be none the wiser so many months on.

I’m tired of just seeing guesses from community members (inc myself at one point I think). We all know that they said “in a few months” not so long ago and that they are trying to become their own issuer. None of this is new information and unless I’m mistaken that is still all we know for sure.

@kacper_eventually what does this mean anyway? Were they not one before? Does this not mean that they are through affiliation with wirecard?

Anyway come on Revolut; whats the latest? You know we want the feature.

7 Likes

I’m with you on that one. The wait is just stupid and they do know we want the feature. But I feel like no bank/issuer has ever given the exact date of Apple Pay rollout. Sure they can say ‚later this year’ (which is effectively what Revolut says) but they only say ‚now available’ when it’s just rolled out. Right?

That may be due to some NDAs Apple requires. Nevertheless, I really hope it’s just weeks now - especially now that my country is probably not getting Apple Pay support (on Apple’s side) this year at all. Which is a shame as by the end of the year we should have 100% contactless terminals. :wink:

You won’t see any more guesses from me - I agree, it doesn’t make any sense. :wink:

4 Likes

WOW meant thats real

1 Like

“Couple of months, maybe sooner.” – Edward Cooper in April on ETA for Apple Pay spending
As of today, we’re still patiently waiting.

1 Like

Don’t get your hopes high.

@Povilas last glimmer of hope will die in September, after new institutions are introduced to Apple Pay.

2 Likes

If current rumours about the new iPhone are to be believed (Touch ID gone and being replaced by Face ID) then Apple Pay may stall for all users temporarily due to enhanced security checks from both banks and Apple and potential changes in approval standards from apple.

This is because the Apple Pay system relying on the security of your fingerprint and with this being fundamentally changed how can their not be changes elsewhere in the system that banks need to compensate for.

So, if revolut don’t get their backsides in gear they could miss the boat for quite some time whilst apple get swamped with issues over the change…

2 Likes

iPhone 7S will still have Touch ID as do all current iPhones, so i hope there will be no stalling.

I don’t think that changes on the security of the iPhone will make any change on Apple Pay. The communication protocol between Apple Pay and the bank will still be the same.

The only difference would be the added options of new ways to unlock the device / data.

1 Like

The plot thickens …

4 Likes

Simply not true. Apple Pay works at all merchants in Denmark that accept contactless payments. (I even got this confirmed by Nets)

I used Apple Pay in Netto (part of Dansk Supermarked) without problems.

3 Likes

Try rooting with Magisk, it has the ability to hide the rootedness from apps. It can be a pain to set up though. Not that there is any point as far as Revolut is concerned because when you try to add the card to Android Pay it says this card is not supported. My guess is that Android Pay want a cut of each transaction and although this might be OK with traditional expensive credit cards there is not enough margin in Revolut to give some of it away free to Google.

Simply not true, i have tried in multiple netto, fottext and Bilka stores this year and it hasn’t worked anywhere. Netto customer support also comfimed this to me, i have emails to prove this.

The only place it worked for me was Circle K and Meny and they both use Verifone, NETS is a bag of dicks.

Hnm. This is Apple Pay via Boon :wink:

Ok this is June or September? Last time I tried was around June and then i just stopped as i saw no point in trying and writing them that it doesn’t work. Also all the banks confirmed the same that transactions were being declined by the merchant.

Edit:

I just realised that it’s from 2016 june. It worked back then, i even have 6 transactions in Netto Karlslunde. Then it stopped and it no longer works. They blocked it to try to force people to use mobilpay which failed badly and now dankort bullshit app nonsense that no one uses r cares about.

Show me a transaction from this year and this month then we can talk.

Here is an official confirmation that Apple Pay and Android Pay will be implemented this year. It’s in Polish, but you can translate it via Google. It’s this part:
“To chyba najczęściej zadawanie pytanie od polskiej społeczności użytkowników Revoluta (śmiech). Chciałbym z tego miejsca oficjalnie potwierdzić na łamach Antyweba, że Revolut będzie oferował Apple Pay i Android Pay do końca tego roku. Wszyscy pracujemy bardzo mocno nad tym i już niedługo będzie widać efekty tej pracy!”

The statement was made by Kuba (short for Jakub) Zakrzewski, who is responsible for Revolut global expansion and Asian market. They also plan to give us personal bank accounts in PLN, just like they did with EUR.

10 Likes