Apple Pay support

It is no longer possible to have UK boon without a REAL UK address. They will block such accounts after one transaction.

French has some specific restrictions. Best now is to go for Irish. Should not be any issues.

1 Like

Povilas I’ve carefully read terms & conditions of boon (even before creating an account to make sure that I’ll be able to use it) and I couldn’t find a statement like “you need to be U.K. Resident or provide valid UK address in order to use the service”. Moreover, they require that address you provide them does match address on your ID card or 2ndary document (which actually doesn’t have to be your actual address).
2ndly, there’s not a word that you’re not allowed to use the service in a country where Apple Pay has not launched yet - the only “problem” is that you’ll be charged aditional 1.25% for purchases made outside UK. Such restrictions would be not logical: Imagine an American traveling to Europe having in mind that he will not be able to use Apple Pay because in this or another particular country Apple Pay hasn’t launched yet. Nonsense.
Should this ervice be available for UK residents only, they wouldn’t upgrade to Plus account based on ID’s from other countries in the first place.
If you have problems with boon transactions outside UK this might actually be caused by some merchant’s terminal incompatibility (like offline mode or too old terminal etc.).

I was told by their support staff that you have to be actual uk resident to use boon U.K.

On another note. As you have a boon. U.K account. As general information:
boon. U.K customers are only able to upgrade to boon. PLUS if they are
resident in the U.K.
As you have a boon. U.K account, but do not live in the U.K. you will not be
able to top-up your account.

That’s what they said and i wasn’t able to top up or use it.

Yes, I understand you. What I do not understand is the limitation of the customers/users by their country of residence. I, of course, know that Apple is negotiating with banks since it’s their interest :slight_smile: What I do not understand either is that why a country like Poland (or in my case Hungary), where almost all the terminals are contactless is not ‘sexy’ enough for AP introduction. They get money for each transaction so the more number of payments carried out with AP the better for them, (commission they get)… Strange… Nevermind!

Based on your help I tried Irish Boon. Now I’m waiting for document verification. In Hungary you get a supplementary ‘Address Card’ neither the ID card nor the passport or driving license contains address data (I do not know what’s the situation in other countries). I hope they will accept it, but to be sure I provided them utility bills with the address I registered in case they are not sure… :slight_smile:
So you say you top up your Boon balance with the help of Revolut transfer? Is that working? That is great news! I assume the charge for the transfer is much less than at my ‘conventional’ bank. Can I ask you what is the amount you are additionally charged for when making a Revolut wired transfer?

Thanks!

Both countries are quite poor, not a lot of people own an Apple device capable of using AP.

Once you’re verified all you have to do is launch boon app, tap “+” -> manual top up -> faster payments. There you’ll find account number and sort code to which you’ll send the money.
In revolut: exchange money, then go to transfers (red button in the middle) -> to bank account. Choose “add new beneficiary”, choose correct country & currency (in my case that was UK and GBP, since i created UK boon account). On next screen enter account details provided by boon (beneficiary name is your name).
3. Make a transfer.
I’ve sent my last top-up on saturday. Revolut expected it to arrive on Monday, and it indeed arrived at that day.

Revolut transfers are free, and boon also doesn’t charge for this kind of top-up (both companies charge 1% fee when you top up using credit card). Also, due to specific account number format in UK you would not be able to top it up using wired transfer from your own bank, unless you open one in the UK :slight_smile: .

One final note: if your account won’t be upgraded within 48 hrs of document’s submission - you should contact them either by phone or email, because this means your documents were declined (they will explain what went wrong and you’ll be able to re-send correct documents).

1 Like

Thank you for your thorough help. I do not know what will be with the Boon Plus account but what I already know is that none of the my bank cards are accepted by Revolut… (3D Secure Issue…) That is pain… Here in Hungary there is only one bank offering such service, but moving my accounts to a new institute… I don’t know…

It doesn’t have to be a country very rich. For example my county Greece since 2015, due to capital controls most of the citizens use debit or credit cards. And the nfc terminals are everywhere. And the currency is euro so I suppose it’s easier

Hi Mikes,

I am also from Hungary. :slight_smile:

Topping up Boon with Revolut is just on its way.
I was able to transfer money from Revolut account to boon, but it is still pending.

I was told that I have to upgrade my boon account to Plus to receive the money on it.
At the moment I am waiting for my documents to get verified.

Boon accepted my personal ID card as personal identification, but they did not accept my hungarian address card as a proof of address, because it was issued more years ago. Now I have sent them a fresh copy of my bills and I am waiting for their feedback.

Once the address is also verified, they will upgrade me to Plus and transfer from Revolut will be available on boon account.

Hi,

Don’t worry they will verify your documents. Exactly the same happened to me. You need Boon Plus, because only Plus is eligible to accept money from accounts other than yours (valid transfers from ‘real’ bank account that belongs to you and your name). Revolut serves as ‘other’ because it’s not a unique IBAN account belonging to you (at least for now - they are working on this!)

Note that Boon will not send a reply when your account is upgraded to Plus, but you can check it in the Boon app.

Have a nice day!

Hi,

Thanks, I hope they will accept my documents finally. I am checking the app every hour… :slight_smile:
So have you successfully topped up your balance with Revolut?

Hi, I’m expecting the payment to arrive today (transferred it on Thursday afternoon), but I’ve already received other ‘test’ transfer from my friend’s own account so it is working with Boon Plus for sure!

Top up with revolut works fine. I topped up many times. Do not use N26 or TransferWise though.

What’s your experience? How many (working) days does it take to show up on your account? Assuming that you use normal (0 fee) transfer and no turbo?

Transfers should arrive by the next working day, maybe with one more day later.
I have contacted Revolut, they provided me the short reference code of the transfer. After contacting Boon they confirmed that the amount is there, only need upgrade to Plus.

@mikes: Is your Irish Boon account in euro?

Well i just wired some money yesterday and Revolut app says it will arrive tomorrow which is about right, but it takes a day for wirecard to assign that money to your account. Basically if you send money on weekend you should have it in your boon. account Wednesday evening.

1 Like

@mikes: Is your Irish Boon account in euro?

Yepp

I think next working day is a bit optimistic :slight_smile: They say up to 5 days with free transfer and up to 2 days with turbo (6 EUR fee unless you have premium account)

Thanks for the info!

Anyone else getting declined when trying to top up revolut with apple pay?

Just adding my two pence. Since version 4.5 dropped today and no Apple Pay support. A few months ago we were told it was coming in the next months…

Any updates?

2 Likes