Apple Pay support

I think the question here is how would the Apple Pay costs be financed? The functionality is one step, the second step is financing the costs.

Can people indicate if they also would be happy with being charged a certain % for using Apple Pay?

For me I think the novelty of using my phone to pay is one thing but if I have to pay extra for it, I wouldn’t be too bothered.

6 Likes

I have no problem to pay 1% using Boon app.

Actually this can be like creating a plan , free plan , tier 1 , 2 etc with extra functions options limits

I have no problems paying 0.15% of purchase for using Pay. This is really not much. Source.

2 Likes

As I understand Revolut is already on the brink of implementing Apple Pay. Recently they started hinting at Twitter about a coming update. It might still be a couple of weeks, but I expect a release very soon.

2 Likes

Yeah!

Thanks, I didn’t noticed they changed their response about Pay (usually it was: “we’ll announce…”). It’s a great news for everyone! Hope to have it for free, be able to use it as the RevolutCard™ - automatically switching balances and converting on the go and available for all current customers in every "Pay ready’ countries! :smiley:

Edit: Whoops, I got too excited, for the moment Pay will be available only for top-up.

Thanks,
Julien.

2 Likes

Just to clarify, we’d love to add Apple Pay for spending, but at this stage we’re working on adding Apple Pay to top-up your Revolut account. Hopefully we’ll be able to integrate Apple Pay for spending further down the line!

11 Likes

The thing is everybody wants to use Pay for spending. You should be aware of that. Pay top-ups are more than welcomed addition, but payments utilizing this amazing tech are the real deal. We are eagerly and patiently waiting.

7 Likes

Maybe worth saying that on twitter when people ask for Apple Pay as I presume your twitter replies meant we would be able to use Apple Pay to make payments. Topping up is already easy enough.

5 Likes

When this feature finally rolls out, there’s gonna be a huge disappointment among users who are waiting for Pay payments support, of that I’m sure.

6 Likes

agreed Apple pay would be a great addition

1 Like

Apple Pay is a very expensive service and the great thing about Revolut is that it’s free.
I would rather like to keep Revolut free rather than adding another fee to pay Apple.

7 Likes

True @Dephibio @Nickand. When I (as others) asked on Twitter implementation for Pay, I meant for spending of course. For sure it will be a HUGE disappointment (already the case when I said it to followers)… but a step forward in a great direction.

However, the previous RevTeam’s answer said that they’ll be able to integrate Pay later. They HAVE to do that. For N26 customers it’s coming for sure ater this year… and we ALL wait for it coming to Revolut. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Julien.

2 Likes

Yes it’s true that Apple ask a lot of money to run Pay. However Revolut raised some money to growth (and I think that’s part of the growth/improvement). :slight_smile:

In fact, it can also be an option to pay every year for as an example. But yes, it shouldn’t penalize other users who don’t use the service.

2 Likes

Looks like v3.0 already supports Wallet app!

Edit: Customer Support says: “It will be out soon. At the moment it is ready, but not fully released with Apple. It should be done early this week. Please stay tuned.”

1 Like

Absolutely, the covenience of having Apple Pay is awesome, but then it takes away the individuality of the fact that Revolut is not going to screw you over with random charges. All of the card transactions in the world pay a fee to Mastercard/Visa/Amex etc. for processing the transactions, and Apple just adds the extra ontop of that. As for the 1% boon nonsense, they really want me to pay from my bank account which is already in the apple wallet to top up their card which is also in my wallet ? Paying to move money from one pocket to the other is more than I am prepared to do.

1 Like

This is a huge disappointment. People asking for Apple Pay want to be able to user their iPhones to make payments, not just topups. Especially with the current lack of contactless cards for existing customers it would allow them to make contactless payments anyway. And it will probably also mean a boom in Revolut usage by making payments using Revolut more attractive.

Apple Pay topups would also be disappointing to international customers since only customers in supported countries would be able to use this feature.

2 Likes

Hi all, we definitely want to add support for adding the Revolut card to Apple Pay wallet as soon as it is possible. The reason we haven’t done it yet is not a technical one, it’s the fact that we first have to become our own issuer. This is something we are actively working on, as we are all as keen as you guys are to add our Revolut cards to Apple Pay! We will keep you posted.

16 Likes

Thanks! So I guess we’ll see that more concretely when you will get you MasterCard Principle Issuing License on the next 6 months ; see yo there. :wink:

2 Likes

Just wanted to register my support for Apple Pay facility A S A P

5 Likes