App no longer working (incompatible with your device) since last night.

App no longer works with my new iPhone 14 since I moved to it today. Having said this I have not received the SMS code for the wallet app and forces me to call a UK number which then does not end up in a human lol trying the chat on desktop but no one responding. This is not good as I depend on the app and Wallet with Revolut.

I ran into the same issue and I don’t think it’s because my device is too old. My phone is a Xiaomi Mi Mix2 with Android 9 (LineageOS 16.0). Sounds sufficiently recent to me.

I don’t have to install any Program or App to use an App that should be avail for me….

For me Revolut also stopped working, even though I have Android 9. It just says on the Playstore that it’s not compatible.
I just went to Apkpure and got the latest Revolut apk from there.
I then found out that Revolut blocks installs that don’t come from the play store.
Took some time but to bypass this you have to put the apk on the phone and then:

pm install -i “com.android.vending”

It might also work from adb with adb install -i … but I haven’t tried it. I was also root when I did the pm install, probably will work without root though.
After this you can just use the latest but will of course manually have to update it.
Thanks to Revolut and Google for blocking my phone without even telling me why.

Hi,
I’m trying to install Revolut for the first time, but it’s telling me the app won’t work on my device.

I have a Samsung SM-G950F with Android 9.

What is the problem? Is my phone too old or is this a bug with the app itself?

Thanks,
J.

@JuliuszK Hello :wave: and welcome to the community. :star_struck:

I am so sorry to hear about this. :slightly_frowning_face: The Revolut app is compatible with Samsung SM-G950F on Android 9, but there could be other reasons why you’re facing this issue. Here are a few things you can try :

1. Make sure your device is up to date with the latest software and security updates
  2. Clear the cache and google play store app then try installing the app again

If the issue persists, contact us through our social media so that we can personally assist you. Hope this helps :innocent:

Veda | Community team

1 Like

Hello,

This morning I tried to update Revolut app from Play Store or Aurora Store, and got greeted with the following error:

Has Revolut team changed the signature of the APK or should I worry of a compromised APK?

@telom40854 Hello :wave: and welcome to the :r: community. We are happy to have you here. :hugs:

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. :frowning_face: To fix this error message, try clearing the Google Play Store cache, and then data. Next, restart the Google Play Store and try installing the app again.

Pull down the notification bar on your Android device and hit the gear-shaped settings icon, or find “settings” in the application tray. From here navigate to Apps, or App Manager. Then scroll down and find the Google Play Store. Select this, and tap Clear Cache or Data.

If this does not resolve your issue, please contact us through our social media channels so that we can resolve this issue asap. :blush:

Veda | Community team

Hi @Veda.Ramesh

I’m not rushing towards fixing this myself. That it easy install&reinstall.

I want a confirmation that Revolut Developers indeed changed the signature of application and not a malicious actor.

But you need to do this yourself because nobody has your device to do it for you?

Stop seeking a way to moan, you’ve been advised how to do a simple fix attempt but are declining to do so.

This isn’t moaning about a technical problem. It’s an app store related security concern. It’s a request for clarification.

Sounds just like he wants someone to blame, for nothing.

Application signing is critical to identify legit authors of apps in app stores. When Android detects a mismatch, it denies an update. It’s reasonable to not ignore this.

1 Like

@telom40854 We can confirm that the signatures were updated and google play has been efficiently managing both old and new signatures. It is likely that you might have installed the app from one store and attempted to update it from a different store, which may have resulted in the signature mismatch.

Rest assured, there is no security concern involved. We kindly suggest reinstalling the app from the Play Store to resolve this issue. :blush:

@Frank @Carl_1460 Thank you for helping out. :heart_hands:

Veda | Community team

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you for clarifying it :100:

1 Like

Hi,

Recently my Xioami phone got updated to MIUI Global 12.5.18 (Android Version 11 RP1A200720.011)

Since then the App only flashed the logo and crashes. What do i do, I am left without money…

@Verthais Hello, Welcome to the :r: community. :heart_eyes:

To fix this issue, try clearing the Google Play Store cache, and then data. Next, restart the Google Play Store and try installing the app again.

Pull down the notification bar on your Android device and hit the gear-shaped settings icon, or find “settings” in the application tray. From here navigate to Apps, or App Manager. Then scroll down and find the Google Play Store. Select this, and tap Clear Cache or Data.

Please check this FAQ link for more details.

Veda | Community Team

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I followed the google guideline for Play Store Keep your device & apps working with Google Play Services - Google Play Help.

Later it installed Revolut version 9.18.2 . I’ve modified the app permission giving it all the available permissions just in case something might crash it before asking…

Still crashes after briefly flashing the logo…

@Verthais Could you please reach out to us through our Social Media channel so that we can resolve this issue asap. :pray:

Veda | Community Team

1 Like

Hello,
Revolut app 9.18.2 since the last update (4 Aug 23) keeps crashing and its impossible to do anything (sometimes even log in).

Phone specifications:
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) with android version 7.0 - so it is fulfilling the requirements.

I cleared the revolut app cache, restarted phone few times, but nothing is fixing it.

What should I do?

1 Like