App no longer working (incompatible with your device) since last night.

I am guessing that their is a new version of the app - it was working fine until last night - now it says “incompatible with your device”.

Revolut is pretty much useless without the app (cannot check spending, check balance, top up with debit card, block card if lost/stolen, contact help/support etc etc). Needed Revolut for a trip next week and now I am stuck with no time to try and find an alternative card provider.

So beware if using Revolut - it can become useless overnight without any warning. :frowning:

7 Likes

It is probably because you have an older version of Andriod which the new app version does not support.

1 Like

Weird! What kind of phone are you using? And what OS? :smiley:

Revolut says: “At the moment our app is available for iPhones (iOS 8), iPads or Android (4.2) supported phones with a minimum screen size of 3.5 inches”

Please read the FAQ.

1 Like

I have an Android phone (5.1) and the app has been working fine on it for the past month (until last night).

Are you getting any kind of error message? Or does the app refuse to open :hushed:

I uninstalled it as it stopped working and when I go to the Play store to reinstall it that’s when it says “not compatible with your device”. So I have no access to the app at all now and no way to access it.

Did you try to reinstall the app?

Hi, I did - but cannot reinstall as it says “your device isn’t compatible with this version”.

1 Like

Just a thought but could it be because your Play Store country has changed?

No I am still currently in the UK.

If you have a PC/Laptop/Windows Tablet, you can install Bluestacks and use the Revolut app on that system. A bit of a hassle, but once you have it installed and you’ve logged in, it’s a lifesaver if you lose your phone or the app stops working on your phone. Note that with Bluestacks, you don’t have to pay anything or subscribe to their premium service. You can just accept the offer to install some random apps every month (which you can then delete) to keep using the free service.

2 Likes

[BUG] I changed my phone but can’t install Revolut app from playstore, because i get: :slight_smile: “Item is not compatible with your device”(s)
Some device! Only compatible with Android 7,0, I can’t update on Android 5,x

2 Likes

Are you seriously expecting Revolut to support car radios (8227L_demo) and tv boxes (RK3368)?

You need at least Android 5.12

You can still use or download Revolut version 5.12 - however, we will eventually drop support for it

https://blog.revolut.com/discontinuing-support-for-android-kitkat/

I ran into the same issue and I don’t think it’s because my device is too old. My phone is a Xiaomi Mi Mix2 with Android 9 (LineageOS 16.0). Sounds sufficiently recent to me.

I have Revolut app for Android version 6.9.1. I would not even notice that I can’t update the app were it not for the privacy policy update email that says:

(ii) social media and analytics companies, for marketing purposes (to opt out of sharing this data, please use the toggle under ‘Privacy’ in your dashboard settings). Make sure you update your Revolut app to version 6.15 through the App Store to be able to use the toggle.

So I searched for the toggle, then checked my app version. Then I wanted to update it manually, so I opened the Play Store in search of Revolut app only to see Google just disappeared the app from my searches. I had to search through the web to eventually see this:

(i.e. “This app isn’t compatible with your device anymore. Contact the developers for more info.”)

I wonder what is the trouble here. Unfortunately Google is completely opaque. To add insult to injury, it just hides the app from the Play Store app. As if Revolut disappeared…

The inability to update bothers me for two reasons:

1. I can’t opt out of the marketing data sharing

2. If I stay with version 6.9.1, eventually it will stop working with the Revolut service and I will be left with an inaccessible account.

What could be the reason behind this “incompatibility”? I think that when Revolut submits the app to the Play Store, they also specify app requirements. What are these?

6 Likes

I don’t know if the thread is dead or not,
my app stopped working 16 or 15th of November 2019.
I have android 5.1
I tried updating but it is not on my google play anymore.
I downloaded the app from google play via a PC and then installed it. It then showed me a huge revolut image and proceeded to tell me it has stopped working.
I unistalled and tried again. It now says it can’t install.

On Google play it says android 5.1 and above. I have android 5.1 but it is not installing nor appearing on google play.

Any advice?

3 Likes

I have the same problem with my mi max 2 running 7.1.1

I am wondering if it has something to do with the fact the phone is rooted

2 Likes

I’ve just got information from support that we need to have android in version at least 9.0 for revolut application to work. :frowning:

1 Like

lol, another example of the useless customer service.
5.12 is the minimum version. The app does not seem to work with rooted devices and custom ROMs are not officially supported

3 Likes

I’m using a Redmi Note 7 with Android 9 version and latest Xioami.eu ver. 11.0.4 ROM (rooted+Magisk hide). I used the Revolut ver. 5.29 but this version is not supported anymore. I tried to update to never versions (6.17.2, 6.18) but the app is not installing.
I’m not using any google account, so these apk’s are downloaded from alternative apk stores like Apkpure, Apk4fun, Apkmirror, etc.
Could you please advise how can I install the latest Revolut app with this circumstances?

P.S.: maybe not this topic is the best for this issue, but I could not create a new topic.

2 Likes