Anyone with experiences of using Revolut in Vietnam?

hmm, but you still can use magnetic stripe? (if enabled in app settings).

Swipe payments are allowed but if trying the magnetic itā€™s denied and told in the app ā€œPlease use chip and PIN whenever they are availableā€.

Did you tried to talk to support about this?

I am now in Vietnam and need to say that payments are mostly useless as someone mentioned, only 7eleven stores accept it and shops at the airport.
For ATMs have not had any what is free of charge, mostly it is 35k-50k for amount of 3mln vnd. MBBank is 49,500vnd. I use MasterCard regular card.

Hey there, Iā€™m in Vietnam right now, tryed out the VP Bank and itā€™s working like a charm, without any fee :slight_smile: I tried both Revolut and Curve card at round midnight local time and both have similar rates, Curve tending to have a slightly better rate though.

Concerning the cards, I do have troubles when paying with the Revolut card, however, didnā€™t notice any while paying with the Curve linked to a Revolut account. The same experience was in Qatar a couple of days ago.

1 Like

Did you used Visa or Mastercard?

Definitely NOT good, Iā€™d want some compensation as ā€˜Rā€™ are not sticking to their ā€˜Tā€™s n Cā€™s. Time is money.

As for Revolut, I got the Visa card. Curve is Mastercard, didnā€™t actually think it makes such a difference. Kind of still used to Europe where it doesnā€™t matter really.

I used Revolut VISA when arrived in Ho Chi Minh Airport. I did a withdrawal of 2.000.000 VND
and i had a charge of 66.000 VND (i dont know if it was from Revolut or from the bank in Vietnam).

I didnā€™t used Revolut to make payments.

It was useless in shops (fg 7eleven) and hotels (4* and 5*), even at the international airport in Ho Chi Minh. Most terminals do not recognize the card. Surprisingly, visa is more often acceptable (50% of transactions) than mastercard (10% of transactions).
ATM withdrawals rather without problems

Luckily 75% of Revolut cards issued should be Visa shortly as they launch in different markets with their help under the deal they penned together

I have recent report in other forum, where 1 traveler said that hes in Ho Chi Minh now and tried ~10 various bank ATM (including VPBank) there and tried to withdraw cash using Revolut Visa and Mastercard. Nothing worked at all ! Either there was some error or cards get spit out from ATMā€™s.
He also said payments in shops works OK there.

Here is follow-up to my previous post.
Today, that same person reported that everything is fine with getting cash in Vietnam now. He tried Revolut and n26 and was able to get 2 million VND with 1 withdrawal from VP bank ATM without fees.
He blames revolut that previously it did not work, but I think it maybe was some local outage.