Any timescales for expanding the number of currency accounts?

We can currently open accounts in 25 currencies. When will more be available. Is there a roll out programme?

Hi there.

Thank you for your feedback. But we currently support top-ups in 26 currencies - EUR, USD, GBP, PLN, CHF, SEK, NOK, DKK, RON, AUD, NZD, SGD, HKD, ILS, TRY, AED, CAD, HUF, INR, JPY, MAD, MXN, QAR, THB and ZAR.

Could you please clarify your idea?

Example, how about Philippine Pesos (large community in the UK who send most of their salary back to the Philippines)

Further, Saudi Arabian Riyals. The country is on a major offensive to turn around the economy (Aramco IPO, tourism investment). There are a lot of UK expats over there that would benefit from sending money back to the UK through Revolut.

The above two would have a total financial impact of circa £50 million annually. Think if you capture just 10% of the market. Advertise on TV through an aggressive UK marketing drive and increase this to 30%.

Hi Andreas,

So what has become increasingly painful to me- I am planning quite a few trips this year, so my Revolut account is going to see some nice turnaound really soon :slight_smile: - is the lack of “illiquid” currency accounts.

Comparing Revolut’s PLN/UAH rate against Mastercard… well it’s not the most awesome rate to say the least.
Being able to purchase UAH on a certain time of day (sic- UAH is cheaper mid-day than in the evening!) during the weekday would make some sense to use Revolut, just for convenience.

To rely on auto-conversion does not, as there seems to be up to 3% markup or even more, so I’ll go with other options, including cash exchange.

Quite sure the same thing goes for every less-liquid currency out there.

Another thing is to make sure all the European currencies are finally supported. We’re still lacking some (like BGN).

The more currency options we have, the better it is. So hoping it’s still on your roadmap somewhere.

The more accounts (the option to open) we can have the better. Two examples I already mentioned being SAR and PHP.

Hi, just read i.e. this: Poll: Which top-up currency should we add next? 📊
:joy::rofl::smiley: