Annual stock trading statement?

Hi. Will Revolut provide an annual statement about the stock trading earnings / losses / expenses / dividents what one can use to file a tax return? Thx.

31 Likes

Please look into this. A summarized statement for the whole year will make life much easier.

8 Likes

Annual investment account statement is a must. Monthly statements are a nightmare for tax declaration. This issue could be a deal breaker!
I have asked revolut chat support about this and they could not answer.

7 Likes

Another one here. It’s completely a nightmare compile all the information in thos pdfs.
At least give us the option to export it to excel, csv or something different from PDF.

6 Likes

+1this should be easy to implement and a must have

3 Likes

Agree. And does anyone here know what ‘other activity’ means on the monthly statements?

4 Likes

Fully agree: 1. need easy to read annual statement 2. explain or simplify how to read monthly statement 3. enable csv format. Thank you

2 Likes

Agreed! Yes, it’s a must!

3 Likes

I am also facing this issue. As a beginner investor, I was inspired to write down in an Excel file all position closing and I can easily compute the profit, but this is not user friendly at all. All the stock trading platforms display the profit for an arbitrary period (e.g. one month).

Imagine that some users might want open and close dozens of positions per week. When they find out about this limitation, they will no longer use Revolut for trading.

According to the national law where I live, I have to pay consider profits on a monthly basis, and convert to local currency (tax payment is done once a year though). That means that if the profit amount in a certain month is included in that month statement, it’s a very good start.

Any progress on this?
Thank you.

5 Likes

I’m also facing this issue, I’m unable to decipher that monthly statement, or see where my capital yearly gain is or even how to compute it. We need a “black or white” statement that clearly states what we need on for tax return just like the rest of the brokers provide. I hope you can manage this request, because I’m pretty sure you’re going to get flooded with this request after last year of trading.

2 Likes

Revolut, do like any normal broker, provide an annual statement!

Monthly statements are not enough and it takes a lot of work and you can lose many customers with that little detail!

Please listen to us!

2 Likes

I am probably one of your biggest fans but paying taxes is a nightmare without an adequate statement of an annual realized gain/loss. CSV is a must.

3 Likes

So, this request has more than a year. Any kind of news regarding this?

I agree that we would also need the ability to exports our portfolio state, performance, and movements into a more manageable platform such as Google Sheets, Yahoo! Finance, or similar. Or let us export the data as CSV and import it where we need to visualize it. Thanks.

#investing #trading #stocks #tax #export #site-feedback #ideas

2 Likes

Just to keep the topic alive, I’m facing the same issue. What would be needed to make a feature request?

3 Likes

Still nothing, they must not be caring enough about trading customers. At a minimum provide a spreadsheet export function but ideally provide a total earn/loss report per month/year like most other serious platforms to make reporting taxes easier and not make us do more work for such simple tasks that could be handled by the broker/platform.

3 Likes

My previous reply wasn’t accepted?

2 Likes

I have the same issue, it´s not a good custome service!! We should have an anual report in Excel or CSV format. This is a digital platform!!!

2 Likes

i have used Bogdan’s conversion software from PDF to CSV and XLS. Works like a charm.

some linux knowledge needed.

don’t forget to give him a cofee if you found it useful:

https://ko-fi.com/bogdanghervan

2 Likes

So, if it is not that difficult to implement why wouldn’t Revolut give as a native solution to achieve this. I am sure most regular users don’t know how to deal with github, linux, and the command-line, etc. And it is not worth learning all that just to make a simple CVS export, either.

Thanks for the contribution though, I’m sure it will help some tech-savvy users. Still, a native export feature should be implemented for the rest of us tech illiterates :expressionless:

2 Likes

I know this is not for average user but is the best solution i found to this problem. I have contacted revolut several times asking for the simple trading yearly statement but i have been told is not possible.

1 Like