Amount of time required for ID verification in OTHER BANKS

First of all, the information might not be 100% accurate, feel free to say what you know or edit the post (it’s publicly editable). This is somehow a personal project, but it can be quoted whenever someone is complaining about losing 12 hours of their time.

As everyone seems extremely upset with having to wait more than 3.14159 picoseconds to get their account activated in order to send money to Coinbase, I will do a quick compilation about…

How long do other banks take to verify your ID

Revolut normally takes 10 minutes or less (= instant) to get you verified but, in some cases, it might take up to 2-3 days or even a week (not common).

• Revolut
    • normally instant
    • fully online? :white_check_mark:

United Kingdom

• Barclays

• 7-5 business days
    • fully online? :x:
  • Royal Bank of Scotland

• up to 10 days
  • TSB

• 7 business days or instant
  • Starling Bank

• normally instant

Spain

• BBVA

• 10-12 days or instant
  • Santander

• up to 15 days
    • fully online? :warning:
  • CaixaBank

• up to 14 days or instant
    • fully online? :warning:

Poland

• Bank Millenium
    • 1 day

Germany

• Deutsche Bank
    • instant

Romania

• Banca Transilvania
    • instant or 2 days

Other

• Transferwise

• 3-4 business days
  • N26

• 1-2 days or instant

USA

• Santander
    • 7-9 business days
4 Likes

I’m not sure the issue is how long it takes Revolut to verify - happy to wait 10 days if that is clear and communicated - the main issue that people seem to have, while related to verification time, is actually lack of response. If someone responded and said ‘many thanks for your documents please be aware that due to high demand we expect this to take 10 days’ while not ideal that would at least suggest a level of legitimacy to the outfit. As it is zero response provokes fear, confusion and doubt as to whether funds will ever be released. I’m sure all of us who have signed up to Revolut want it to be a success - so let’s not try to belittle the concern - that helps no one least of all Revolut.

4 Likes

Banca Transilvania, Romania
Instant, not online

2 days, online-phone (but needs a visit to an office to sign the papers and pick up the card after one week)

1 Like

I think all of this also depends on nationality, type of ID and probably other factors taken into consideration by whatever security measures are in place.

For example, TransferWise took 10 minutes for ID verification and 2h for address verification for me.