Amazon + Revolut = AMAZON ACCOUNT LOCK!?

Hi, I recently registered on amazon.de, I ordered a few things using my revolut card and… my account got locked (on Amazon)… they want a statement with my last debit card digits but well, I can’t because IT DOESN’T SHOW ON REVOLUT and they haven’t charged me so far (They didn’t even want a CVV number which is weird)… I need to unlock this account because I Already bought a few things using my amazon gift card, worth at least 120 euro now… Please help me to unlock my account…

2 Likes

Sounds like Amazon customer service would be better suited to help you out?

(Question: “my last debit card digits”. Are you referring to a code shown on a card account statement or to the actual debit card digits?)

1 Like

the ending of the card e.g. XXXX XXXX XXXX XX23

They want a card statement or something like this which revolut doesn’t offer

That is an odd requirement. None of my accounts (revolut or traditional bank accounts) ever show the card number in the statement, because cards can change, their numbers change every time a card expires, but the account doesn’t get reset or re-made.

I would say go back to Amazon to clarify because in my experience it would be impossible for me to obtain that statement no matter if I was using Revolut or my physical bank.

1 Like

Hey Amazok

If you contact Support they can generate that statement for you. It shouldn’t take long :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s useful to know!

how can I contact the support then? I don’t have Revolut Premium :frowning:

You can contact support through the app. You don’t need premium for support.

More -> Help -> Chat to us

4 Likes

The bot is sweet nur typing “live agent” is the key. The bot offers that. Made good experience yesterday. :ok_hand:t3:

I experienced the same problem too.

History:

• I tried to order new goods from Germany by using innovative Revolut card
  • Instead of payment Amazon just locked the account. Then they requested bank statement with my current address, last digits, etc.
  • I generated statement by using mobile application and of course this paper did not contain debit card digits. Of course developers don’t read such topics as it, so statements are not useful for customers.
  • I asked Revolut support to generate custom statement for me. Thanks for human support (I really don’t understand why someone added absolutely unuseful bot), they generated looks like right statement for me (with card number, billing address, etc.)
  • Then Amazon empire striked back, so they asked be me to fax with statement, etc. Another option - bank can contact Amazon to proof my address.
  • I tried to ask Revolut support about the calling to Amazon. Of course support answered “no”. I asked about the same cases (e.g. Amazon account lock) and support said: “we are not able to provide more, etc, etc, etc.”.
  • I sent the same statement to the fax and for now I’m waiting for response.

After strange answers from Revolut I think (for now) that this is the same UK bank with a lot of old ones: no flexibility, no support, just standard phrases like “we are not able to do more”.

Of course issue between Revolut and Amazon still is not resolved.

Also: it is interesting but HSBC card worked fine with Amazon. So looks like this is Revolut issue.

4 Likes

Revolut should improve much on this:

Account statements with details on transactions (like to which IBAB the money left, from where it comes, etc)

CARD STATEMENTS, with all the card payments. I think this is the one amazon looks for

Flexibility. If amazon asks them to fax the same thing, then do it. Isn’t hard, it takes few mins.
My Transylvanian bank faxed another bank in Georgia when they ate my card.

2 Likes

Those who got their amazon.de account locked: Do you live outside of Germany or/and did you order for your first time?

Maybe an order from outside of Germany or/and first time with a prepaid card triggers security.

Dunno if it matters. I used to order on amazon de. Amazon es. It. UK. All shipping to Romania.

Did you got your account locked?

We need some answers from people who where affected to get a clearer picture on the case.

No. But haven’t used revolut. At that time I was living in Europe 24/7. Now I use amazon mexico US and Canada. But I use the CC or the Mexican one jaja

Why should they waste time on random merchants asking for stuff for no reason? The credit card networks provide all the services needed for Amazon.

Edit:
On second thought, what probably happens is that people from a country with a bad reputation order things from Germany with a UK-issued credit card that doesn’t support 3D secure. Amazon assumes that a guy from Romania just stole a Brit’s credit card and now uses it to order stuff that can’t be traced.

So it is actually entirely Revolut’s fault because some of their cards don’t have a local BIN and at the same time don’t support card holder authentication.

1. Revolut is NOT a credit card. Not even a debit card
  2. I doubt that revolut pases AVS per client. This means your address on amazon account DOESN’T match the address provided by Revolut’s card.

How I figured that out? Uber was not accepting my address at all. Tho it should. After selecting UK and using revolut’s zip, it worked.

Basically, amazon tries AVS. AVS fails because revolut is not providing correct information. Amazon asks revolut for clarification on this.
Revolut fails to provide a simple fax.

Clients are upset.

Tl;dr we all have the same address on revolut cards. That’s why AVS fails.

All I can say is that I can use Amazon Japan and Amazon Germany without any issues so far with my virtual Revolut card. I am pretty sure that Amazon UK and Amazon USA will also work without troubles. But I could not test that yet.

I would test amazon USA if I would get a total price of 850 USD for oneplus 6T :))))

So. Canada rullz

For that amount of money you could buy a real smartphone.:thinking:

Just kiddin’ :rofl: