Amazing experience with Disposable Virtual Card

First time, today I used Revolut Disposable Virtual Card to make an online payment. Noramlly, I am wary of using debit cards for online purchases. Instead, I had no choice but to use credit card. I hate to make monthly CC payments. Couple of weeks ago, I was offered a disposable virtual card by Revolut. I thought of making use of it to pay my sprinkler guy today. Wow!! It was amazing to make payment and get an instant notification. Not only I received an instant transaction notification; but also the old disposable virtual card was cancelled and I was issued a new one. No worries of getting hacked online anylonger. I will continue to use this disposable virtual card. :+1: :+1:

11 Likes

Cool! I think the Revolut virtual card is really useful and works well.

3 Likes

Yup. AFIK, I don’t think any other bank is offering this kind of virtual debit cards. This is one of the major advantages of Revolut.

Capital One Eno is awfully complicated, but it generates new individual virtual card numbers per merchant. The concept is great, but the implementation is mediocre.

1 Like

Yeah. I used it last year. It forces you to log in to web page to create and manage virtual cards. Revolut implementation is intuitive and works like a magic. As soon as the disposable virtual card is used, it gets canceled and new one is automatically added to the cards list.

1 Like

Sorry @nomadus but do you have a standard account or a premium one?

1 Like

That’s awesome to hear!

:r:evolut’s disposable card is indeed a very powerful tool, to be used in places you don’t trust your personal credit card information with.

1 Like

I have a standard account.

1 Like

Wow! @nomadus thanks to notice me, i had thought you told about the virtual card… I didn’t know there is also a disposable virtual card for the standard account.
It’s wonderful! I remember it was accessible only for premium account…

1 Like

You could always buy a disposable as a standard. Is it free now?

Hi @starscream, normally disposable virtual card is not free for standard customers. But Revolut frequently runs some promotions to offer a free card to all standard customers. You need to regularly check it in your app. First my spouse got one. Then I kept trying for a week. When it became free, I just grabbed it immediately.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip!
Indeed i try to get the disposable virtual card in the app and i’ve got it! :grin: :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Glad that you managed to get one.

1 Like

These virtual cards are a godsend!

If you use them right, you’ll never need to worry about putting your primary card details online. Revolut is usually fast to respond to problems with transactions.

3 Likes