Aliases for cards and accounts

Hello !

I have a little suggestion.

In the top-up section, I have 4-5 different debit/credit cards.

The only way to make a distinction between them is to memorize their last four numbers and remember that *** 1234 is for Bank A and *** 5678 is fort the bank B.

It would be nice to be able to give a name, an alias to each card. For example, one card could be named Green Bank Visa, other card could be named Red Bank Mastercard, etc…

Thank you ! :wink:

16 Likes

And my suggestion is also applicable for the different beneficiary in the bank transfer section :blush:

2 Likes

For physical cards, would be great to have the card name printed too.

1 Like

Hi @Eleboeuf,

All transfers made to top up your Revolut account need to be in the name of the account holder. If not, your transfer will be rejected!

I understand, however as Revolut is giving the opportunity to have up to 2 physical cards, it would be useful to tag each card (for differentiation purposes) as currently done electronically. This would give a better way to differentiate each card, rather than by numbers. Alternatively a different design would save that purpose too.

I agree - I have 3 bank accounts that I transfer money into Revolut from. It is a challenge to identify which card relates to which account as they are identified only by the last 4 digits of the card number. It would be really useful to be able to add a label to the card so I know that card ***1234 is my personal savings account, ****5678 is the joint account with my wife, etc.

I always end up reaching for my wallet to actually look through my cards to make sure I am not Topping up from from the wrong account.

3 Likes

Just wanted to ask about tags for top ups either… It seems this bothers not only me…

1 Like

All for that!

Names of top-up cards as well as… BANK TRANSFERS!!!

This one drives me nuts- I have 3 different euro accounts, all my personal ones, and so all the predefined transfers are named in the same way- with my name :wink: Right now I need to figure out which is which by looking at the last 4 digits of IBAN. That’s really inconvenient.

3 Likes

I’m totally agree with this idea. Aliases for cards and accounts!! My two banks did that two years ago.

1 Like

Any chance to change the name of the thread to “Aliases for cards and accounts” to reflect better whats inside? @anon33247966

1 Like

up! especially for accounts!

https://community.revolut.com/t/naming-bank-accounts/33245

Been asking for a while.

This would be useful!

2 Likes

Hi. This trad is from 3 years ago. Are you planning to implement aliases in the app? When you have a lot of cards and accounts is very hard to distinguish which one is which.

1 Like

Google pay already has this feature and it’s great