Adding Revolut to US PayPal

Hey. Has anyone had any luck adding a Revolut card to an American PayPal account? As the Revolut card is registered to a European account rather than American, it won’t let me add my card.

0 Likes

I did it few months ago with a virtual Visa card.

1 Like

I haven’t tried with virtual card but I’ve struggled with others. Will give a try and let others know as well.

0 Likes

Nope, didn’t work. Tells me to check zip code and billing address, but I can’t add my original one.

1 Like

Oh, I see.
I guess that’s a new policy from PayPal. Friend of friend can’t add his revolut card to PayPal because the card issuer is outside his country. He is from France.

1 Like

Yeah, I have the same issue as your friend

0 Likes

paypal has always been one-account one-country. I have four accounts :frowning:

0 Likes

I do have 3 accounts. But US account doesn’t accept other country’s bank cards

0 Likes

Would be interesting to see how it is with a relatively new Premium or the Metal cards. Their BIN account ranges code matches a customer’s billing address now. “Check billing address” could also mean that the billing address and the issuance code do not match, or does it explicitly say one needs a card with a billing address in the US?

0 Likes

I had this address problem when adding a virtual card to PayPal in another non-European country. After a few attempts to add it (and being rejected for having the wrong address), it finally worked.

0 Likes

As far as I know, the BIN of the Premium and Metal card matches France, not the users location.

0 Likes

Bin databases are misleading here, I believe. Check the thread about Apple Pay :wink:

0 Likes