Adding another account

Hi, I have just set up Revolut with a U.K. bank account. I have used it to transfer money to my bank account in Canada. The rates for small transfers are much better than through the normal bank transfer system.

How can I get funds the other way? Can I add a Top Up payment from the account in Canada? If so, how do I do this?

Thanks

Tap on “Top up” in the app, choose the right currency and then the method (by card, bank transfer … ). If bank transfer is chosen, the app will display necessary account details. Also check the FAQs. :wink:

Hi, thanks - I tried that, but it did not give me the option of topping up with canadian dollars

You can find a list of supported currencies in the FAQs.

Hi there.

We currently support top-ups in 26 currencies - EUR, USD, GBP, PLN, CHF, SEK, NOK, DKK, RON, AUD, NZD, SGD, HKD, ILS, TRY, AED, CAD, HUF, INR, JPY, MAD, MXN, QAR, THB and ZAR

However, CAD is only available for top-up via bank transfer.

Can you top up in USD smoothly If the sum is substantial ie. multiple 5digit sums, (Would like to top up in 6 digit sums but there is GBP75000 single day limit, so must send money through in seperate transfers), is it straightforward. Or Does the money get lost often? My fear is your unresponsive customer service if the money gets lost in cyberspace, and there is no way for me to trace my funds. WOuld love to hear the experiences of others with Revolut in this regard

I had considered opening up a premium account to cater for this large transaction, but the comments about unresponsive customer service scared me off. Is there any guarantee, if the USD or HKD funds go missing ie not credited to my revolut account, that there will be someone in customer support who will be there to help me?
I sent at least 3 kmessages in the past week on the app chatline but no response at all!!! Scary!

I use Revolut literally everyday for the last two years and I simply love it. Support team is sometimes a bit slow but they’ve recently introduced 24/7 which I’m sure it will reduce the wait time. However, they are always helpful!