Add money automatically not working

I always send money to my revolut from barclays.

If I click on add automatically if below 50 and add 50 from barclays it errors out.

Anyone else encountered this bug?

Hi @CJD :wave:

We are sorry to hear that you are facing troubles with topping-up. Have you tried restarting your app and check if the issue persists? :thinking:

Hope this helps!

What jurisdiction are you in as that might be significant?
For example, I know that Barclays are closing UK accounts for people not resident in the UK (I’m in France) and where the account remains open, may be limiting facilities.
Have you used the facility before successfully? Perhaps edit that info into your OP.

Revolut responded - said they are manually rectifying the issue.
Seems to be a bug

1 Like

I have the same problem, i cant transfer money to my childs account? It is enough money on my account, so i cant understand whats wrong?

Have you reached out to support in the app as the OP did? That seemed to generate a positive response.

1 Like

Apparently revolut can’t do anything unless I have proof from my bank that my card is a debit and not credit!
Not impressed.

why so? responsible lending and all that :thinking:

1 Like

Surely they should know what kind of cards Barclays have even just by a bin lookup? Not exactly a small unknown financial entity.
Also when I added the card it states debit on the app so really no idea why they are saying its going through as a credit card in their system.

Seems to be a bug in their system which they should fix

do you have anything documentary that you can provide to support your claim its a debit not credit card?
That really is the only way forward that I can see…

1 Like

I’ve looked all around my barclays account and can’t fnd anything that states my card is a debit - just my statements etc.
How about a photo of the back of the card that said DEBIT?

Worth a try.
On my old UK Barclays card, it says “Debit” on the front face of the card but nothing about the type of account on the back.
If you are going to give that a try, make sure that important elements of the card are obscured to prevent any opportunity for cloning - perhaps just show the first 4 and last 4 digits the validity period and the name to confirm it is indeed your card and see if that does the trick.

1 Like

So automatic top up will never work if you are a barclays customer.

Barclays will not and do not provide such a document about your debit card as I have asked.

Revolut hace a buggy system that reads my debit as a credit card.
They will not manually rectify this unless I provide this document from barclays that does not exist as explained by barclays.

So… If any barclays customers here have got it working please let me know.

Thanks

@CJD Sorry to hear about your trouble.

From the 8th July 2022, top-ups from Credit Cards will no longer be accepted. You will still be able to top-up using a Debit Card, or via bank-transfer/faster payment.

If your Barclays cards is a debit card, there should be a document that would prove this, if you are still not able to top-up with it :slightly_frowning_face:

Thats explain a lot
Sad it too so long

1 Like

The top-up works fine thanks. But not the auto top-up.

Barclays as stated before does not have any such document about your debit card information. They have bank statements but those do not have your debit card information.

This is information direct from the bank. Any payment platform can and should detect what type of card it is solely from the bin!

Thanks anyway. I did think auto-top could be risky anyway in case of fraud.

1 Like

Were previous comments deleted by the other member or deleted by revolut admin?

You stated some very valid and true points but was deleted by admin then? hmm

1 Like

[Response reposted as agreed with @Mariana_Rodrigues]

It is actually not true that banks should have a document confirming that their debit card really is a debit card. No bank issues that as standard and no bank should have to. That’s what the first six digits of the card number are for. Revolut has a close relationship with Visa and Mastercard both as card issuer and payment processor, which means Revolut also has real time access to the up to date bin lists of the two networks (plus the network charges for debit and credit cards differ, so that’s another way you would see immediately what kind of card it is, although you should see this sooner at the validation stage).

As a sole trader I can immediately see what my customer is paying with by looking at my screen, not seeing the actual card. That really shouldn’t be a problem for Revolut.

2 Likes

Great! Nice to see the repost.
This certainly needs looking into by Revolut as support kept insisting my Barclays debit showed as a credit when trying to set up the auto top-up when it is clearly a debit card.
Bin look up shows debit and also more importantly on my Revolut app it shows Type: DEBIT.

As you have said banks do not issue these kind of card documents. No need either.
Revolut support clearly are misinformed and/or their auto top-up function is very buggy and needs fixing.

1 Like