Account with CO2-compensation

Hi all, it would be nice if a plan was available to commensurate revolut Co2 (and beyond), somewhat like other banks do. Also, it would be nice if you could pay an amount to offset CO2 even without registration :deciduous_tree:

2 Likes

Would you be so kind to explain a bit the benefit for the use, bank, or quality of air? please

1 Like

Iā€™m sure you could find some worthy cause to make voluntary donations to :wink:
May be [this reference] will be of interest to you?

3 Likes

Hi @Benutzer :wave: Thank you so much for this amazing idea. At Revolut we are constantly trying to improve so stay tuned!
@Graham_Lees Thank you for sharing this link with us :smiling_face:

2 Likes

You have both advantages, the use of an innovative bank and the improvement of air quality :wink:

2 Likes

While that is true, psychology is at work here. Itā€˜s more likely that users would pay for compensation when itā€™s just one tap away after buying a plane ticket or after paying at a petrol station, for example.

I am skeptical about most of the current services other banks offer. I would say about two thirds of current deals look more like greenwashing to me, but a simple way of buying compensation could be of interest. It is, all things considered, not that different from Stays, Rewards or buying a gift card. Itā€™s just another category of services on Revolutā€™s platform.

3 Likes

Whilst researching that link, I noticed quite a few others where it was suggested that they donā€™t pay the full amount donated over to CO2 compensation, effectively taking a cut for themselves so you are right to express concern.

1 Like

Yes, definitely. I would expect Revolut to take a cut. At least to cover the technical costs. I guess I am pretty utilitarian here. Whatever works. It would be important to be transparent about this, but it would be okay for me if Revolutā€™s services to make compensation convenient would come with a small fee. What bugs me more is greenwashing. Bunqā€™s statement that one could compensate oneā€™s own existence with a two year subscription of their ā€œEasy Greenā€ plan is just nonsense in my opinion.

Itā€™s good that Revolut does not make any profit from donations, but I personally see CO2 compensation as a different category of ā€businessā€œ.

I do understand, though, if userā€™s wonā€™t use Revolutā€™s offering if theyā€™d rather avoid the man in the middle, and prefer a non profit of their choice instead.

3 Likes

hello, you are crazy with the co2!!! STOP STOP STOP please!

2 Likes

Best way to do this? Plant trees! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, right! I was reading this article comparing Revolut vs Tomorrow bank from Germany and thinking how nice it would be if Revolut was more focused on sustainability and corporate social responsibilityā€¦

Oh also, speaking of tree planting, bunq bank from Netherlands does this thing where their version of ā€œMetalā€ automatically plants a tree for every ā‚¬100 you spend with your metal card, Iā€™d love for Revolut to do that because healthy competition is key to innovation and improvement :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: