Account verification documents Greece

Hello,

I have been trying for a couple of weeks to verify my account following the instructions in the mobile app and based on your terms and conditions and the required documents as described in your FAQ section.

I have provided you with and a copy of my photo and the official national Greek ID, issued by the Greek government and accepted by all countries as a national identification official document.

As per your FAQ/Getting started section you require:

You will need to take a picture of a valid government-issued photo ID and a picture of your face. We may request a copy of your legal right to remain in one of our supported countries (e.g. visa, residence permit). Some tips to ensure the identity verification goes smoothly:

Take a clear picture of your identity document, where every single detail is readable without any blur
Take the photos somewhere brightly lit
Turn flash off to avoid glare on your documents
Make sure the details on your Revolut profile match the details on your legal document
Make sure that your legal document has at least 3 months validity left on it
Not take a picture of a picture

All of these have been followed precisely, but instead my verification has been rejected and the feedback from your help chat was that the ID is handwritten!!! Apparently some national IDs in Greece have been issued handwritten, but still they are valid authentication documents, accepted in most of the European countries.

Additionally i check your general terms and services (section VERIFICATION OF IDENTITY), terms 7.1-7.4 and again i cant find any reference to blocking verification upon presentation of handwritten IDs, but still officially issued by the government.

I would like an official feedback from Revolut on why upon the above statements and rational, my verification is not accepted and a confirmation of whether the national ID of Greece is accepted or not by Revolut.
If whatsoever, it is not accepted i understand that this is something that you need to present clearly in your general terms of service.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Kind regards
CB

3 Likes

Hi there. Thank you for your feedback and I have passed it along to the relevant team. This is correct, we don’t accept handwritten IDs.

Hi again,

My question is where is this coming from your term and conditions, and why you don’t accept an official issued EU country ID. Those IDs are having the official Greek government stamp.

Happy to have your official feedback on that.

Best regards,
CB

Hello,

Is there any feedback from the relevant team?

Best regards,
Christos

1 Like

Hello,
Do we have an update on the matter? I am a greek citizen and I also encounter this issue (I have a handwritten ID and I can not verify my identity in your application). I have never travelled abroad, so I do not possess a passport. Please advise. Is there another way to verify my identity? Maybe via a skype call or something?
With regards,
DL

2 Likes

Hi all,

Bumping this archived topic as I am facing the exact same issue myself. Was there a resolution in the end, when it comes to verifying national ID’s which are handwritten?

Best,

Jei

1 Like

encountered the same situation today, the only solution they provided is to withdraw and close the account. They just dont support it :slight_smile: although when i first signed up some years ago they did. :crazy_face:

Funny enough i can travel with this ID inside EU but for revolut is not OK. Anyway there are other alternatives that my ID is accepted just fine

2 Likes

@anon71086934 Having the same problem here, any update ?

I can not verify my id . The documents i uploaded are not acceptable.How
Can withdraw the amount i sent and close the account

At last. I can input. Couldnt figure out how to . This happened by happy accident. This platform isnt very user friendly.
My problem.is that, because of a glitch with my phone I cant use my password. I need to reset it. I am failing to do so. I cant enter the app.
Neither can I change my phone because of lockdown. Can revolut help. Otherwise , this card is o ly useful for clearing frost off my windscreen.

They don’t accept the older identity cards (the handwritten ones). They older cards are still the most widely used but Revolut has decided not to recognize them!
That’s just unacceptable. Do they even realize there are other online banks out there that will happily recognize and respect Greek citizens?
I’m giving them the finger and create account with one of their competitors. THEIR loss, not mine, I have option. We have options.

Do we have an update on the subject? I cannot verify my ID with my national ID card. Do they even accept Greek IDs? If you dont save us time and announce it so we can go somewhere else.

1 Like

They do accept the Greek IDs normally if they are not handwritten.
They didn’t accept mine at the first try but after a few they did accept it and all is good now

I used my Greek biometric passport (February 2022) and everything went well with the verification process.

Does anyone know if greek ids are acceptable