Account opening

Hello!
I am a Russian citizen. And I’m gonna go to Sweden for a half of the year. Can I open an account in Sweden or here in Russia with a temporary residence permit?
Thanks!

Revolut does not require verification of address, only your ID, so I’d suggest you open your account with Russian details first. Complete the verification process and then make sure you open a Swedish Krona account through the app. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your response! As I can see, Revolut requires my home address. I enter the detailes and see that service is not offered in my country :frowning:

1 Like

Pity. Guess you’ll have to open it in Sweden using Swedish credentials? :frowning:

I doubt you will be able to open :r: account.Since it’s available to EEU residents.
Your temporaly residence permit (6month one) won’t be enough as far i’m aware.
If you lived pernament in Sweden with Russian citizenship then yes.
Take care :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hm, I think they do indeed need the address verified. Opening an account with a Russian address won’t work, one needs an address in one of the supported countries for opening an account.

Some temporary residency permits are accepted, like for students for example. Some examples are mentioned in the FAQs about this.

1 Like

The keyword is “resident” rather than citizen. You can live in a country for 6 months before you would be considered “resident” in the EU. Since your stay is only for 6 months, you are not resident in the EU, only a visitor. If your visa is for longer than 6 months then you just apply with the visa document and your new address in Sweden.

Hello!
I live in Argentina, is it possible to open a Revolute Account with my Argentinian mobile number?
After downloading the app I inserted the code and my mobile number but then the app does not move to the next step! I adjoin the screenshot.
I’ll be grateful for your reply.
Best wishes,
An

1 Like

Same problem here. Seems that is not your problem only.
Tomate un fernet

Hello everyone. Does anyone have an idea of a private UK pension can be paid into my R Account. Western union charges a fortune, by not living in the UK. Anyway just joined revolut today. Cheers