Account locked - support chat doesn't work

Hello,

I have the same problem, since one month I cannot use my account.

Can you help me please? Thank you

Kind regards

Anna

1 Like

Hello,
My account is locked for more than 3 weeks, support chat is not working. Can anyone help?

1 Like

I have the same problem: since 9 days my account is locked. I provided all information needed, screenshots from bank account, loan documents, everything. Cannot open Revolut regularly anymore. There’s only the in app chat - and since 9 days nobody is responding! End of the month is coming, I have to pay rent for apartment and garage, gas and electricity, everything I pay since months via Revolut… please help me to unlock my account again! @AndreasK

4 Likes

Hello, I accidentally deleted my card and I would like to reactivate. Please help me

Hello,
I can’t enter in my account and the chat does not work.
Please help

1 Like

And I have the same problem! All has been verified, an agent told me that account is fully operational and… nothing! My app still sends me to the chat, and no one is answering my requests for help!

Hello. I have the same exact issue. What can i do ?

I have the same problem too, I tried re-installing the app in different languages to no avail.
I’m trying to contact support via the community forum now, is that possible?

No, you have to contact :r: support via in-app chat or social media (twitter or facebook).