Account Locked? Being ignored?

I am messaging after becoming increasingly frustrated. I can’t phone, I can’t speak to anyone and my account has been locked since Thursday. I was asked to verify ID which I did, I was then told my limits would be removed and I still can’t access my account? What is going on!! I have a lot of money in Revolut, and I’m travelling in a week, this is really scary! I need some help or I will have no choice but to report this to the FCA.

If you can’t contact via the in app help it may be worth contact via Twitter. Alternatively @AndreasK may be able to help.

Considering the FCA does not take that sort of complaint I wonder how you’d do that :wink:

Anyhow, why was your account locked? The ID verification is usually not related to a verification of funds. Did you exceed your top-up limit? If so you might need to provide documents as to the source of the funds.

They didn’t give a reason? I’ve verified the account now, my account was randomly locked? With no explaination. They just asked me to show ID and my accounts under review?

Hi William.

I would like to clarify that Revolut acts according to the agreements we have in place with our users and security measures are paramount for us to keep every account safe.

Specifically, according to the agreement we have in place with you (https://revolut.com/terms) your account has been temporary locked as further verifications needed.

We apologise if you experienced any inconvenience as a result of this but our compliance team must follow certain protocols to ensure the safety and security of all user’s account as well as our system.

1 Like