Account hacked

Hi,
I have noticed this morning that a payment has been made to a place called ‘Provisionclub’ from USA and I live in the UK. After checking my account, I then realised that every month on the same date there was some money missing from my account. I have frozen it and ordered a new card. How can I claim the money that has been stolen from me?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Roxana C.

I would say the police, provide them with as much details as possible of the card, dates of charges and details of the charges as you have so they can investigate.

And of course change your phone PIN, passcode and biometrics or similar security features and account PIN, email linked password and basically every password you might have used with your account if it has actually been hacked, (like Amazon’s if you used your card to buy anything there).

2 Likes

Also contact the customer service in the app to initiate a chargeback.

A quick google search has shown that this is a scamming company:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/ProVisionClub/reviews/

Charging small amounts has been a scamming method for years:
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/28/984-credit-card-scam/4957837/

Are we really talking about an hacked account or is this just an unauthorized usage of credit card data?

1 Like

Probably the latter but better safe than sorry

Thank you so much in taking your time to offer me advice regarding this matter.
I will follow your instructions carefully.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will do so.

I will be able to tell you if it’s just an unauthorized usage or not once I will go further with the investigation. I really hope it will be just the second option and not an hacked account. I am really scared at this point. But thank you for taking your time!

Hello
My account And email have been hacked and there are several transactions that I didn’t authorize.
I can’t get into my app account. I was able to recuperate access to my email account.
I’ve blocked my card but I want to cancel this revolut account.
The chat box keeps sending me to other agents and then logs me off

Do you know what to do?

Hi Marielaf, did you ever get a response to this?

I am in the same position but cannot get into the app so cannot contact the chat function. I have made a formal complain in the hope I will get a response but have heard nothing yet.

Hi, I’m still navigating through it all. I was able to get an agent by posting “live agent“ on the chat box and ask for Account Takeover team.
Things started moving from there.

Best of luck!!!

Hi All. I just wanted to warn you that I recently received two text messages purporting to be from Revolut, saying my account has been locked and to follow the link provided. I contacted Revolut, providing a screenshot of the texts, and they confirmed the texts are definitely not legitimate. Should anyone else receive such messages then please do not click on the link and Revolut have advised that you should contact them.

Regards,
Mo.

3 Likes

Hello, I was hacked a few days ago and so had to wipe all my devices. Due to this I’ve been locked out of the email account I registered with you and so cannot access my verification code to get back into my Revolut account… Please can someone get in touch? I called your phone number and got a very chirpy sounding automated recording… However I really need to speak to a person… Thank you

Several weeks ago I couldn’t get into the app. A pop up appeared and I clicked on the link. A person introduced himself as revolut help desk and said I needed to open a new account within the app. I transferred £299 into this new account. It appears under my name but the account number and sort code are not mine. When it transferred over o got an email from revolut showing the transaction. I contacted the FCA in UK and they advised me to get in touch with you. The following day after this happened I chatted in your chat line and my account was locked, it has now been unlocked and I have a new card. I was advised by the agent that this event would be forwarded to the reclaim department who would investigate it. I’ve heard nothing yet. Will I get a refund or not bearing in mind that the person managed to get into your system. Thank you.

My account has been restricted for nearly a months now and revolut has not been able to provide me with any answers all off a sudden yesterday the 12/10/2020 £521 went missing from my account and still yet no message from revolute , no response from the chats . I am concerned that I will never get my money back and I am planning to go to my local MP. This is not how to do business and revolute is acting like they can do what ever they like and mess around with people’s life and livelihood without any consequences

Obviously they can. lol Seriously: Have you tried to contact them via social media: twitter or facebook (revolutapp)?

I was sign out of my account and I cannot get back in. I cannot use my app anymore because I can’t get in. And also I have received an email someone else try to access my account. After this I cant access my app.