Account Closed under section 19.1

Hello,

I’ve been a Revolut Customer for about 18 months and I absolutely adore it.

I was really saddened to get a message that my account had been closed under section 19.1. After reading through the details, I can think of nothing in the past 18 months that violates the terms and my spending behaviour has not changed at all.

Is there anyway way to appeal this?

Please let me know

Just a warning to those that love Revolut and use it with their friends.

My friend and I are travelling together and we split bill a lot, send each other money that we owe one another and have done even before we were in the same physical location (and by bank transfer too!).

Revolut have clearly misunderstood this as money laundering and, without discussion or any due diligence on their part, they have closed both of our accounts.

Absolutely disgusting attitude to customers, I’m honestly shocked.

I don’t think so, sadly.

Despite me messaging on chat, they only send templates.

This is really depressing and in another post, even if it was an error, @anon33247966 said that 19.1 closures aren’t reversible.

Did :r: mentioned that closure is regarding loundering?

No Ares, it would be illegal for them to do so.

However, no other term comes remotely close and my friend and I had our accounts banned at exactly the same second - it’s clear what they thought was happening.

There’s another post that’s similar:

They just don’t care - Of course they can’t call us and say ‘Hey, we think you’re laundering’ but they could have queries transactions, looked for receipts without causing any harm or issue to themselves.

None have the convenience of Revolut

I think it’s worth mentioning that the Agent that closed our accounts, Alice, has been on the job for ‘about a Month’.

I really hope it is a mistake.

Revolut isn’t a bank - but it does provide services that are currently unmatched by the competition.

I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt - One problem in 18 months, not too bad.

what is unmatched exactly?

Ease of use, multi currency account options, sending cards worldwide using extremely fast postal options.

I am confident enough that, if Revolut didn’t prevent me from accessing 18 months of financial data, that I would publish it here for all to critique.

Such as?

twentytwenty

Such as questions I wasn’t comfortable answering.

1 Like

He didnt ask any questions in the first place but you generally dont seem to like to answer :wink:

It wasn’t in this thread, it was a previous thread.

Thank you for your fruitful contribution.

1 Like

Alright, but that context is important.

He removed his comment that gave the correct context.

Cant be in this thread, as none of his messages are missing and it takes 24 hours for this.

Jesus wept - He edited his comment.

Troll somewhere else please.

1 Like

I asked you what question and you could have simply answered that it was somewhere else or what kind of question, instead you immediately became protective and refused and then I am the one trolling?