Account blocked, security reason?

I’m having issues as my account has been currently blocked when trying to setup my girlfriends card to my account , but still no contact from the support team and I’m getting worried that I’m not going to be able to use my card when I go Rome soon. I don’t want to lose any of my money on the card!

As far as I know you can onlytop-up using your own credit/debit cards.

As a (UK) FCA regulated financial institution, your money in Revolut should be in safe hands.

The requirement for identity verification is for ensuring that the integrity of the financial markets are not compromised by criminal activity.

In regards to the timing of replies from the Revolut support staff… given the velocity of growth that Revolut has been experiencing, this is naturally a scaling issue. I assume that they will be rapidly expanding their support staff to cope with this new demand.

Can I trust you?

I’ve got mine and girlfriends card on the app, girlfriends is so we can request money shared on her debit card but it kept failing the other day when verifying it with the code in the statement. Not sure why. And now it’s blocked today, hopefully support can help me unblock it soon.

It is not recommended to use someone else’s card for top ups, because it does trigger the fraud/security detection system. :wink:

I recommend to fully read the FAQs to get familiar with the product and its limitations and functionality. From the FAQs:

We advise using your own card to top-up your Revolut account. If someone else would like to add money to your Revolut account, they can download the Revolut app and use the ‘Send’ function to transfer money to your account instantly.

@Frank I see, I’ll definitely follow this procedure once it’s been sorted. Either that or just use my card from now on.