Ability to assign categories to incoming payments

If I split a bill with someone via Revolut, I would like to be able to see that my spend in a particular category is offset by the amount I get back.

Example:

I spend £40 in groceries and split the bill with a friend who pays me back £20.
In the spend analytics the grocery category still says £40, when really I have been refunded half the amount through the split bill and it should say £20.

This would be solved by being able to assign a category to an incoming payment.

8 Likes

Hello @coghmeister,

That’s right! Thank you for your suggestion.

I’ll pass it on :slight_smile:

Best,

Andreas K.

5 Likes

Yes this is important I think. The issue is twofold involving both the categorical information being lost and that regarding the amount spent that was actually split.

2 Likes

Hi AndreasK.any thoughts on this one? It makes budgeting with revolut very difficult as the totals in the analytics view are hugely overinflated

1 Like

This is crucial, as the reporting currently does not functions as needed, if you happen to live in a family where more than 1 person uses Revolut. You are bound to have to split bills and they don’t reflect your analytics data, which leads to it being only usable as a “guide”, while it can be so much more.

Not to mention this requires people that are serious about budgeting and reporting to use external apps, which is one more thing to manage and pay for.

2 Likes

Hi there, I don’t know if this is already been suggested but I think it would be useful also to see analytics separated for each card in the revolut account. For example if I give a card to my daughters, I would like to know what she is spending and where separated from my other card. Hope my idea is clear as I am very good at confusing anyone listening to me.

which is not allowed following the terms (Personal terms | Revolut):

However, Revolut for Kids is coming any time in the future.

1 Like