2nd metal card explanation?

Could someone clarify the second metal card fee rule please?
This explanation contradicts itself.
Your second metal card is free unless your first one was metal! Ehhh

Your second Metal card is also free . This can be a Metal, Premium, or Standard one (unless your first card was a Metal one, as you only get one).

1 Like

The UK page has this wording:

First Revolut card

Free. Your first card can be a Metal Premium or Standard one. (But remember, you may have to pay a card delivery fee and £40 for the Metal card itself if you cancel your subscription within 14 days of signing up and a Metal card has been sent.)

Second Revolut card

Also free. Your second card can be a Metal, Premium or Standard one (unless your first card was Metal - you only get one free Metal card). If you cancel your subscription within 14 days of ordering a second card, you may have to pay a card delivery fee.

Additional Revolut cards

Your first two cards are free as a Metal customer (as set out above). After this, we charge £40 per additional Metal card (or £10 per additional non Metal card).

It should say your “second card on the Metal plan is free”, because that’s what it means.

Yes - as these are the fees for the metal plan and obviously your first card on this plan will be metal then a 2nd card statement should not read ’ (unless your first card was Metal - you only get one free Metal card)’

Unless they are trying to say your second card is free as long as it is plastic.

In other words, on the Metal plan, you can have 2 cards included in the plan - 1st card made of metal, 2nd card made of plastic.

Yeah it’s unnecessarily difficult but I believe what they are trying to say is when you already have a card and then upgrade, you still get a free metal card.

I was looking at the second card options (plastic) and they all have a cost even the standard ones.

Isn’t a second card meant to be free? Unless they count the teens yellow card I ordered as the second card? I doubt that very much
Have to contact support by the looks of it.

I did get charged 9.99 for the second card on the metal plan.
Will need to chase support as I’m sure that this is wrong.
T&C’s clearly states 2nd card if plastic is free under metal plan fees.

1 Like

Refunded after contacting support.

1 Like

Yes, all very confusing to me too but I believe all my cards were free. 2 Metals and 1 Plastic. I’ve always believed there is no such thing as a free lunch so upon close inspection of the Metal cards I noticed the ‘R’ in the Revolut on the Metal cards are in fact a ‘P’!
So it appears manufacturer may have made the mistake of misspelling Revolut by embossing ‘Pevolut’ lol.
Revolut may have then purchased the cards at a discounted rate and just adding the bit to make it look like an ‘R’.

I could be wrong but it is clearly there so…

Hi everyone :wave:

If you are a Metal user, the following applies :eyes:

Cards

First Revolut Metal card

• Free. Your first card can be a Metal Premium or Standard one (but remember, you may have to pay a card delivery fee).

Second Revolut Metal card

• Also free. Your second card can be a Metal, Premium or Standard one (unless your first card was Metal - you only get one free Metal card).

Hope this helps you all :heart: