2 cards: a virtual-only card & a physical card

I love the fact that one can “regenerate” a new virtual card on-the-fly.

This is such an amazing feature that adds a huge safety factor to the app.

However, once one has the physical card, it’d be rather annoying to regenerate a card as it’d involve waiting for the new card to arrive (& probably some fees).

So a simple work around would be to have 2 cards:

– a virtual-only card
– a physical card

The virtual card would be used all over the internet for purchases. And most likely “regenerated” every couple of weeks or so.

The physical card would be the one used to withdraw cash & pay in shops. That one is the precious one you really care for. You don’t want to lose it, get it stolen or anything that forces you to request a new one.

What do you think?

5 Likes

Yes it’s a great point of view. However, renewing automatically the virtual card will cause lot of customers to fill/change again and again card informations to monthly subscription… :confused:

For more safety with online payments you could be interested in a one time/merchant card with a limited validity and amount as we talked about here:
http://community.revolut.com/t/multiple-card-numbers-and-amounts/467/
And my answer:
http://community.revolut.com/t/multiple-card-numbers-and-amounts/467/2

Regards,
Julien.

See https://getfinal.com/ for inspiration. They allow to generate a separate virtual card for each merchant, with their own limits.

3 Likes

Hell yes I know that. :smiley:
See also Privacy.com, same thing but not additional card, just a web service. :wink:

2 Likes

Adrien, I totally agree with you. There are a lot of people who want to have both, a physical card for POS and a virtual one for online transactions. For example Moneypolo and Loadoo offers both options per user - a virtual and a physical card.

There is a company based in us that does the throw away card, check out privacy.com. great idea. I would use it with revolut if they implemented it. Peter

2 Likes

As I don’t seem to have option to create a new thread or it’s very well hidden and didn’t plan to make friends here and spend days interacting with this forum before I am allowed to create a new post, here is a suggestion related to cards for business users at least.

I have few cards incl virtual some with GBP as currency some with USD, some eur, some all of the above… But they all look the same and I can’t tell from the business mobile app what properties my card has and which currency account is it linked to. Extremely confusing, should be an easy fix for your product team.

Best wishes

Maybe it can be a solution for you: it’s quite easy rename the cards in the app. Go to cards, click on settings. Then rename it.

Does anyone know if physical or virtual cards work on supremenewyork.com?

is there a monthly charge (apart from the initial shipping fee) for the physical card of the standard plan?

No, completely free.

Hi. Newbie here.

I generated a Disposable Virtual Card, and used it last month, forgetting that maybe it’s one-time-use-only. When I looked at my app it showed me two transactions: the “real” one from a month ago, and one from today – Verification-Only by the merchant. I did not keep track of the card number from a month ago.

SO … here’s my question: did a new card number get generated automatically ? Or will the “real” transaction FAIL when the merchant puts it through ?

To answer my own question I went to the Help System and found the following – unfortunately further confusing verbiage:

“Your card details will automatically regenerate after every transaction made using a disposable virtual card, thus …”

So … it appears the Card Number DOES change ? But only for “real” money-value transactions, not verification ?

If true, suggestion: In the STATEMENT download ares in the field “Product” show at least the last 4 digits of the card used for the transaction.

Thanks for your attention.

1 Like