2 accounts (GB and EUR) one or two cards?

Hi,
I have now two accounts with Revolut, one with pounds and one with euros. At the moment I only have a card, which I got when I opened the pounds account.

I’m travelling soon to Spain and I would prefer using the euro account. Does it mean I need to get a new card?

Thanks

Hello @zaja :slight_smile:

Not at all. It means you should read this FAQ:
https://revolut.com/es/faq#what-balance-will-my-revolut-card-use-when-i-am-abroad

I had not seen that FAQ, thanks!

1 Like

Hi @zaja,

Just to let you know we don’t allow two accounts per person :slight_smile:

Could you please get in touch with me via a direct message so I can assist you?

Best,

Andreas K.

Hi @anon33247966,
I’m new in the forum and I can’t see how to send you a direct message.

But I think I might have confused you with the way I phrased my previous message. As account I meant bank accounts - the different currencies in my account have different IBANs, so I consider I have different bank accounts with you. My understanding is that topping up different currencies is allowed, or am I wrong?

Thanks

2 Likes

Aw ok :slight_smile: You mean “wallets”!

Yes, you can top up different currencies.

You should top up in the currency that your bank account is held in. For example, if you have a UK bank account make sure you top up in GBP. If you don’t your bank will convert the money for you and charge a huge fee!

The card will auto-convert your balance to the currency you’re spending in at the best rate so there is no need to pre-purchase currency.

Best,

Andreas K.

1 Like

Ah, Ok, wallets, got it!

I understand your suggestion and that’s they way I’ve used Revolut previously. But seeing that the GBP-EUR exchange rate may go down and as I travel a lot to Spain so I will always need EUR, I thought I would also top up my EUR currency using transferwise.

So I would like now to have an option to decide which wallet to use depending on the exchange rate I find when I travel there. Would this be possible?

Thanks

1 Like

Look at the exchange rate and when its in your favour transfer from the GBP wallet to the EUR wallet.
Any Spanish transaction in EUR will first use your EUR wallet. If you havn’t enough EUR then the software takes from the GBP wallet and converts to EUR at the “then” rate.
Try not to convert at weekends when the rate may be fixed to the Friday

Hi @anon33247966, I have the same problem. I created my euro account, and then my uk account. I would like to top up my salary on the UK account, but my question is, can I use the same card for either different accounts?
Thank you for helping me.

Of course you can. It is explained in the FAQs which currency balance is used when you pay with the card. :wink:

1 Like

Can someone inform me how I check my euro balance and what has been coming out when I have used my card please?

In the application?! :confused:

1 Like